Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
19,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed @Overmountain1 has been on the forum for 12 months.

I was rather surprised that so much time has streamed by since she joined the forum. I guess that happens when someone is such a delight to have around.

Happy Anniversary, Sara.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,247 Posts
Awww thank you Robin! It’s a joy to know all you people, thanks for taking me as I am…. As if I give you a choice! Hehehe

Truly, I have enjoyed getting to know some of you even better, and of course [mention]danathome [/mention] irl. You never know, maybe more of us will meet in the future.

Me and miss Moo.

·
Administrator
19,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, well you're a keeper for sure. I need the lightheartedness of your posts. I love learning about the hermits. Chip and Tiny have wormed their way into my life. So yeah, have you around is special.

I'm done traveling now. I've done way more than my fair share so I'm content remaining here in my space. Even if we never meet, we've had the fun of this forum.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,247 Posts
But I do like to travel, and do so for our business a few times a year, so never know!
But, of course, I have learned so much and value your opinions (collective and plural ‘your’ here.) All of you, and I enjoy learning about crazy people raising 57 quail too!

I’m kidding- actually I’m happy for you, I think you kinda needed those too! You haven’t said much about your guineas lately- they must be behaving better these days…

And thank you- Chip and Tiny love having fans!

·
Administrator
19,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I've lost track of how many states I lived in, some of them more than once. Actually I've lived in AL three times! Yeah, no more big travels for me.

I just came in from looking at the little devils. I really, truly do not know what I was thinking. Other than I probably wasn't. The Guineas are still here. Both girls on a nest next to the foundation of the house. The boys don't like it that they don't come to bed at night but it does keep them home.

It really does feel like you just got here. Yeah, we've all covered a lot of territory but it still feels so new.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,247 Posts
I agree I can hardly believe it’s been a year with our chickens already- I think I found the forum in trying to figure out what Chip and Jackie were! And y’all did just great.

Robin you would adore these little babies! They’ve got fuzzy legs all around, and all chipmunk but different too- every one has totally different stripes and variations of colors. They’re gonna be stinkin adorable.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,247 Posts
One more thing- since they did have some that hatched really early, should I watch and be sure they stay on the rest of the nest? They’re at least 4 days later from this one- I should’ve stuck it under Jackie not the little girl but she already had 7… and I thought the date was closer. Til she finally let me see an egg of hers and the date on it.

·
Administrator
19,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you worried about the two co parenting or the girl on the nest in the back? I'm confused.

·
Serama King
1,994 Posts
Happy anniversary, Sara. It was a joy to meet you too. What are those chicks with the d hens? Crosses?

·
Wonderful Friend
1,247 Posts
Yup. They look to all be OEGB Chips babies.
And thanks Dan! I love having you both in my life. You’re good people.

Robin- the one parenting you front also has eggs due in another 4-5 days… I think the official date She set was 24, which means a few more days yet. I’m just hoping she sees those through. Not that it’s a need but they’re so close now it would be a shame to let them go.

·
Administrator
19,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, I'm confused. I don't know who you're talking about. Neither of those hens is in a nest.

·
Serama King
1,994 Posts
OM-Give all the chicks to one hen and separate her from the other. Then, the hen with the eggs will settle down and brood until the other eggs hatch. When all have hatched you could put the hens together to possibly coparent.

·
Administrator
19,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's what I'm trying to understand. Were either of those birds still sitting on eggs?

·
Wonderful Friend
1,247 Posts
Awesome- thanks Dan. I was getting that impression today! I’m trying to figure out where to stick them tomorrow- it should only be 3, maybe 4 days til theirs hatch.

·
Administrator
19,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Truthfully? Don't tell anyone this but D babies are the best. Yep, I'm saying that after raising hundreds of Silkie peeps.

You brighten our day, OM. The forum is better for having your presence. Any forum that didn't appreciate you shouldn't exist.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts