Chicken Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have amber sex-link chicks and I was wondering their personality and what color their eggs r and just stuff like that :)
Thanks
Olivia

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I read that they lay a brown egg. As for temperment , as wil any breed I guess it would depend how much you interact with them.

·
chicken bum
136 Posts
OliviaE said:
Hi I have amber sex-link chicks and I was wondering their personality and what color their eggs r and just stuff like that :)
Thanks
Olivia
Huge brown eggs from my gold comet....shes a bitch...dont want to be touched unless SHE wants it....but is very sweet follows me every where...she hates our yorkie and chases him every chance she gets..avoids the grandchildren...would sell her soul for whole kernal corn or cheese...

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
Huge brown eggs from my gold comet....shes a bitch...dont want to be touched unless SHE wants it....but is very sweet follows me every where...she hates our yorkie and chases him every chance she gets..avoids the grandchildren...would sell her soul for whole kernal corn or cheese...
My sweetest hen was an Ameraucana who never wanted to be touched. She was so sweet I cried buckets when she died.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
My most favorite hen was an Ameracauna/Cochin mix.When I put her in the nursery she would cry and I would go get her and hold her.When I started to let the youngens out to roam the yard,she would come to the window I sit by and jump up and down and cry(her name was Crybaby) to get my attention and I would get her and hold her.She didn't like the other chickens and would hide in a clump of grass.I moved her into the house.That caused a big fight so I had to put her out.She couldn't handle it and it killed her.That was in 2011 and I am still heartbroken over her.I loved that little chicken dearly(now I'm crying thinking about her).

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
I just get a warm trickle of water going and rinse it off.It takes a little bit to loosen up.Then usually it isn't a issue.

·
Banned
9,209 Posts
I just cut it off.

CQ that's sad. I've had something like that happen and I cried buckets too. Sometimes $hit just happens . Nothing anyone says makes ya feel better, well, maybe a pet chicken person like us!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts