Chicken Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
fmaphis
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pretty amazed that this white coturnix has been sitting on these eggs and maintaining this nest for the last 10 days. Then I put a few 2 week old Bobwhite chicks in the aviary to get some sun and she is now mothering them AND still sitting on the eggs. Super mom! Trying to figure out how to attach a picture. I did not expect this much mothering from this type of bird.

·
fmaphis
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
fmaphis said:
I was pretty amazed that this white coturnix has been sitting on these eggs and maintaining this nest for the last 10 days. Then I put a few 2 week old Bobwhite chicks in the aviary to get some sun and she is now mothering them AND still sitting on the eggs. Super mom! Trying to figure out how to attach a picture. I did not expect this much mothering from this type of bird.

Attachments

·
fmaphis
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fmaphis said:

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
myothernewname said:
If ya every want to trade some eggs hit me up. I have Coturnix and always looking for ways to improve bloodlines.

Jerry n Lake Elsinore
If not eggs, maybe chicks. I have 24 in the incubator and 12 @ almost 6wks old.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts