Chicken Forum banner

21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
That last pic made me laugh. You know that toy that has the whatever slowly move up through the top. That's what that one egg with the dark peep makes me think of.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks Dan! I did that for one other one that hatched; the humidity reading was good and nobody else had it quite this bad; unsure what was going on w these. I almost didn’t see this one pipped at all! I’m glad I decided to double check when I did. One had gotten thru membrane and second had not, yet. The unzippered one; these eggs have been kinda odd (to me) the outer membrane continues to separate from their inner membrane, and almost none were able to turn in their eggs at all- every one I unzippered just a little and waited a while before doing anything else at all- I’m about to remove the rowdy crew from the newest ones so they can rest up more. Poor babies- so tired! They keep picking at them like hey come on! And they need some more down time for sure.

It occurred to me today that one egg could be on the hatch day of the starting on 16th group; I incubated 9, and 2 leftover- when I got the new incubator I went ahead and added the other two just bc. Now I thought I had removed them, but it’s also not impossible. I guess I’ll leave it for tomorrow, I doubt it can hurt at this point anyway.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Final hatch counts:
6/8 Ameraucana hatched & surviving

4/11 making it of our tiny ones. They are all showing as OEGB, chipmunk stripe

·
Wonderful Friend
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It was. And add one that didn’t live to the hatching out # of each ones, truly not bad. I’m pleased.
And me sick again yesterday so had to leave them all on their own.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
It was. And add one that didn’t live to the hatching out # of each ones, truly not bad. I’m pleased.
Chicken Math!!!

Reactions: robin416

·
Wonderful Friend
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My point precisely. And later this week, it will be momma bird hatching time. I’m interested to see how they do!

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
I'm happy for you. Candling eggs under the broodys this morning shows I have really messed up. Pipping eggs under almost everyone and no one is marked to hatch this week-Crap! I will have to watch closely as not to lose the eggs that ARE to hatch next week. The eggs in the loft hatched 5 days early; apparently the golden d had been brooding before I took the eggs.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
Great pics!

·
Wonderful Friend
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Awww y’all are so sweet. I had another episode on Sunday, they can’t tell me why or what is wrong, just some tests and send me home w some meds. Not much fun and it’s getting pretty old every couple weeks. But! Following up w dr this week so shall see. I had rly rly hoped the surgery would take care of this mess!

But thanks for worrying about me. It’s good to be loved.
I def would’ve been in here telling you more about the rest of hatch days and all that if I was up to it. Sunday was just not a great day, and yesterday not til eve either. I feel bad I couldn’t help any of the other little eggs on hatch day potentially, but none pipped externally even so…. Maybe maybe not if I could’ve done a thing.
I love these poofy cheeks! They love hiding and sleeping in the ‘pouch’ on the front of this sweatshirt today. So adorable.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Knowing that you're still struggling kind of told me you weren't feeling up to snuff. I wish they could find answers so you could quit going through this. Do you have well water? I've asked this once before but you missed it.

How many littles have hatched now?

Did you hear? I did a stupid. I wanted to add a few quail to my flock. I brought home 50.

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
OM-You're always in our prayers. I'm still laughing at Robin and her new 50!

Three more ds hatched this morning while the phoenix eggs set at the same time under the same hen are due on Sunday; what the heck!!!

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
You need to slow down Dan. You've got so much going on you're losing track of what is supposed to happen when.

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
You need to slow down Dan. You've got so much going on you're losing track of what is supposed to happen when.
Not likely to happen. All I can figure is that the golden d had been brooding enough to get the eggs going. It just seems so unlikely in that she was off the nest many hours at a time and had never stopped laying eggs-another weird bird-the place is over run with them.

Betty Muscovy's ducklings are about three weeks old. Two days ago I saw her making a nest and today there's a fresh egg in it. WEIRD!

21 - 40 of 112 Posts