Chicken Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my broad breasted bronze tom has all of a sudden became aggressive toward me. i went to put him in his coop last night and he got extremely aggressive. he's never acted this way before except toward the dogs and the dogs weren't with me. what do i need to do to change this.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I would have turkey dinner ... but that is just me. ;)

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
my broad breasted bronze tom has all of a sudden became aggressive toward me. i went to put him in his coop last night and he got extremely aggressive. he's never acted this way before except toward the dogs and the dogs weren't with me. what do i need to do to change this.
I have read that turkeys view people as turkeys and will try to put you in their pecking order. I have 3 toms. 1 ( who is the lowest bird on the turkey totem pole) will go after anyone who acts scared if him. I agree take a broom stick.with you. Or my kids carry a plastic bat. You don't have to hit him just use it to push him away if he jumps at you or rushes you. I make a weird eeeehhh sound when he acts like that and he knows to knock it off. You just have to let him no your the boss and stand up to him. The 1 time mine got me I chased him around ( looking like an idiot I'm sure lol) now he runs or tries to hide behind the others if Im just walking near him. Lol but I can call him up and give him treats so he's not completely teffified of me. Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts