Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
173 Posts
Birdguy; could you get a side view picture of your hen. A picture with you on the same level as she is. I'm really interested in how she looks.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
You just have it all in your rescue huh!?... Good job though, wish I could do something like that. I'm currently studying to be a vet so let's see where that will take me. I love animals. Any and all animals!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
robopetz said:
You just have it all in your rescue huh!?... Good job though, wish I could do something like that. I'm currently studying to be a vet so let's see where that will take me. I love animals. Any and all animals!
Same here!!! Good luck what animals do you have???

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
troyer said:
Birdguy; could you get a side view picture of your hen. A picture with you on the same level as she is. I'm really interested in how she looks.
Put some up:)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
birdguy said:
Same here!!! Good luck what animals do you have???
I have birds galore. Now I have a sun conure, a cockatiel, a lovebird, 2 silkies, 9 button quails, fighting fish. 8 eggs in the bator. That's all I have the space for. And if it wasn't me for being considerate to my neighbors I would have had a African grey or a macaw by now.. Maybe both! Lol all my parrots have been hand raised from 3 weeks of age. Keeps me busy but I LOVE it. How's your rescue going? And what do you have?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well we take any birds "rescue" so we get in over a thousand birds a year wild and exotic... Just yesterday we got 20 exotic birds from a hoarder... 5 macaws 1 blue front amazon 1 grey 3 white caped amazons a fare eyed cockatoo a Patagonian conure a peach faced love bird and yellow naped amazons and I think that's them and then we already have around 30 exotics of our rescue before those 20 because people get them and don't realize so we have our raptors and poultry and all sorts of stuff, we have our emu Kevin if you go on YouTube we are fallen feathers . Org we have a few videos so far we have one of Kevin the emu and then we also have some events we go on with our educational birds but yes many birds and I have a personal macaw and then soon 11 chickens and then a guinea pig and many fish and maybe another macaw :) I could have a few but my mom lol oh sounds weird when I say mom but yes I'm 14 years old :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
birdguy said:
Well we take any birds "rescue" so we get in over a thousand birds a year wild and exotic... Just yesterday we got 20 exotic birds from a hoarder... 5 macaws 1 blue front amazon 1 grey 3 white caped amazons a fare eyed cockatoo a Patagonian conure a peach faced love bird and yellow naped amazons and I think that's them and then we already have around 30 exotics of our rescue before those 20 because people get them and don't realize so we have our raptors and poultry and all sorts of stuff, we have our emu Kevin if you go on YouTube we are fallen feathers . Org we have a few videos so far we have one of Kevin the emu and then we also have some events we go on with our educational birds but yes many birds and I have a personal macaw and then soon 11 chickens and then a guinea pig and many fish and maybe another macaw :) I could have a few but my mom lol oh sounds weird when I say mom but yes I'm 14 years old :)
Here are a few pictures not all lol that would take a while

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
birdguy said:
Here are a few pictures not all lol that would take a while
Most of the exotic pics were from the hoarder... They're beaks were overgrown and they had plucking and all sorts of stuff they are all at the vet as of now :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Wow! Just wow! Your one lucky guy to be around all that. I will definitely check that out. I just moved back to Hawaii from Kentucky a few months ago. I so miss our ferret we had up there. But as soon as we get situated and able to get a place of our own again. I will definitely be adding to my flock.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
birdguy said:
Most of the exotic pics were from the hoarder... They're beaks were overgrown and they had plucking and all sorts of stuff they are all at the vet as of now :)
This isn't even a half of the pictures but yes they are a handful and we are a non profit orginization as well

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Beautiful! There's this macaw at a pet store here. He's been plucking so much it's not even funny. I just can't afford the 2000 price tag to rescue the poor guy.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah we have a policy to volunteer and build a bond with the bird we don't sell and the cage and stuff comes with its a bit of a process but worth it yes, I have see badly plucked we have cocomoa who can in with no body feathers just face and he is neurotic so no way to fix that

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wow, that's amazing. So much to learn with all the different birds. Beautifully creatures. Keep up the good work, I bet mom is proud of you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kahiltna_flock said:
Wow, that's amazing. So much to learn with all the different birds. Beautifully creatures. Keep up the good work, I bet mom is proud of you.
Yup she is just cant wait to live on my own property :) have my free flight aviaries and chickens everywhere I can see it now

1 - 20 of 24 Posts