Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my chicks looks like it has blood in its poop. Should I be worried ? Is there something I should do ?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't use medicated feed. She isn't lethargic and she is eating and drinking but I will see about some meds. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should I change to medicated feed ? As a family we try to use as little meds as possible so that's why I went that route. She's two and a half weeks old. She is a little smaller then the others but she was from the beginning so I didn't think much of it.

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Sorry I didn't get right back, I went to bed. It's nearly 9pm here. No, the antibiotic won't hurt them if they don't need it. And some use medicated feed and some don't. I personally did, and didn't have any problems. But it's a personal decision. If you could take a poop to a vet and have it tested, then you would know for sure. Did the pictures look like the poop you see?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No need to apologize. I totally understand. I got home from work today and one of the other chicks had the same thing. So I got the meds and started them tonight. So we'll see how that goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts