Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes ,they have a large pond and garden to waddle around in .
They favorite thing to do is lay under the fruit trees .
I herded these in a dry feeding station to photograph .
This rest went off for a swim .
The Muscovy is a great flier:)
Two Khaki Campbells ,one Chocolate and white Muscovy in moult, one Abacot Ranger these are all females .
The chap at the back in the corner is a blue and white Runner cross a commercial breed of duck.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are not Runners , the blue and white boy is a cross breed Runner .
His mother was a blue Pure Indian Runner duck and his father a white commercial laying drake .:)

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I'm sorry. I reread your post. As I said Runners fascinate me but I see he's the only one that's a runner cross. I need to learn more about duck breeds. I had two white domestic ducks as a child and they were crazy but I have very limited experience otherwise. Didn't mean to offend. They are beautiful though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have not offended me in the least .;)
I just do not want to mislead people in thinking he is a pure Runner Duck .
This is a British commercial white breed of duck . :)

I am looking to see if i have a photo of my pure Runners....somewhere :eek:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha , we do not name our poultry .
Just refer to them as .. the old rouen drake , the young rouen drake etc......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice ducks. We have named a few of our ducks. Our drakes name is Fred. He was a very large acquard duckling a couple of years ago. And dh has a very tall friend that was the same way as a kid. So we named our duck after him. He thinks it is funny. We also have one that hatched this year that we named. It is a little hen and we named her tiny. She is white and has grey over both eyes. Very pretty that way. I have already saved her twice and she is one of the smallest of our herd this year. She will not be eaten or sold. She will be staying close to home so I can keep a close eye on her. We hatched over 50 this year and tiny is really the only one we named. We have sold several of this years batches though.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Kila I would love to see photos of these two. Your descriptions make me want to see who they are. And that's a pretty big operation you're talking about. That's a lot of fowl in that flock. I guess I want to hear more about that too.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Is it possible to have/keep ducks without a pond? I HAD a small pond, but with the drought this year, it's dried up. The neighbor has a fairly large pond and around 15 ducks. I'd LOVE to get some but I'm afraid that mine would secede and go live with the neighbor.... :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts