Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
When is your hatch?
The chicks should hatch 4/18 and the ducks 4/25. I have 12 chicken eggs in and 14 ducks but 1 is clear I'm just giving it a couple more days before tossing it. The chicken eggs of course I cant tell cause they'r brown eggs.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
twentynine said:
82 wow!!!!!
Yep, the last one we did with 82 had only 78%hatch rate, and we only have a few left 2 weeks later, of course we have 12 or so for our flock. But, I say this now and will stand by it, we will not keep ANY from this hatch!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I'm at my limit! lol

Hope you have a great hatch!

·
Banned
825 Posts
That is when the better half says ... WOW ... We have a lot of chickens and chicks!

:D
Hhmmph !

THAT is like a Rancher's wife telling him that he has TOO MANY cattle. :rolleyes:
( It don't make NO SENSE at all. )

Ha-Ha !!! :D
-ReTIRED- :)

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Hhmmph !

THAT is like a Rancher's wife telling him that he has TOO MANY cattle. :rolleyes:
( It don't make NO SENSE at all. )

Ha-Ha !!! :D
-ReTIRED- :)
True ... but I did tell hubby some of the longhorns needed to go to market. :) Right now most of the eggs go to the dogs ... that is after I sell some and give some to the family but it does help on the dog food bill. (At some point you get to that magic number) ... I'm there... 25 some chickens and 23 chicks, 20 some longhorn, 21 Jacob sheep and 6 horses ... and etc. :D

·
Banned
825 Posts
True ... but I did tell hubby some of the longhorns needed to go to market. :) Right now most of the eggs go to the dogs ... that is after I sell some and give some to the family but it does help on the dog food bill. (At some point you get to that magic number) ... I'm there... 25 some chickens and 23 chicks, 20 some longhorn, 21 Jacob sheep and 6 horses ... and etc. :D
Keep the heifers.
:)
-ReTIRED-

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Keep the heifers.
:)
-ReTIRED-
Sorry ... we had a heifer year (6) and some of them must go ...

Now, I see I have taken Jims thread off in a different direction ... we will go back to it ..

Best of luck Jim!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sundancers said:
Sorry ... we had a heifer year (6) and some of them must go ...

Now, I see I have taken Jims thread off in a different direction ... we will go back to it ..

Best of luck Jim!
Lol, no worries! I think we are hitting our limit on chickens too, but now are going to change our Americauna line. I like the chicks from some of the fertile eggs I have bought locally better than the hens I have now, we bought from a hatcheries.

·
977 Posts
When you have chicken and duck eggs in the incubator together, how do you work that at lock-down time? Chickens hatch before the ducks do.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kaufranc said:
When you have chicken and duck eggs in the incubator together, how do you work that at lock-down time? Chickens hatch before the ducks do.
I don't do ducks, now, I I would say never. I have a pool, and ducks, pool, not a fun sight for me, if I want to enjoy the pool that is. Maybe if I ever buy 10+ acres....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts