Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 7 more days til day 21!!!! This will be my first hatch. I'm definitely a beginner but after candling today I'm have really good hopes. Out of 11 eggs 9 have came along nicely! Let's hope the next 7 days go fast I'll be at work an my wife and boys will be keep tabs for me!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Surely will! An since I work away from home the kids have promised to send photos! I will be uploading to celebrate!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Very exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. I did our first hatch this spring. Put some in the incubator and some under a broody hen. Both were very successful. It was so much fun, I had to talk myself out of doing it again. Good luck, will be waiting to see how yours goes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is very exciting! I'm amazed at how exciting it is, I plan on getting an incubator eventually, my little barred rock hen "little momma" wants have chicks to take care of so bad that I had to get some eggs for her to sit this time! She has earned her spot as my go to brood hen.

·
Registered
315 Posts
outsider31 said:
It is very exciting! I'm amazed at how exciting it is, I plan on getting an incubator eventually, my little barred rock hen "little momma" wants have chicks to take care of so bad that I had to get some eggs for her to sit this time! She has earned her spot as my go to brood hen.
Loved hatching this summer! Got the best two little chicks out if it :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
How awesome! Can't wait to see pics! We just set eggs under our broody hen yesterday! So excited! It's going to be a LOOOONG 3 weeks! Sigh! ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should have more pictures in the morning thanks to wife an kids for sending pictures since I'm in the gulf of Mexico!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
3 chicks so far one didn't make it. There are more to come if everything is ok with the chicks. So we shall see today is 21 for them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a tip all of you might already know. If you have some chicks a month older than your little ones (I have 23 less than 2 weeks old) you gotta move those a month older cause that pecking order thing is intense an will leave you with some dead baby chicks!!! It took me two chicks to figure out they were getting brain damage not illness!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that! Thank you for sharing. I'm getting into hatching my own chicks soon & need all the advice I can get!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Two baby chicks hatching right now! These eggs were put under my faithful brood hen 1 week after the first set an she is handling it great with the help of the big momma RIR hen of the coop.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts