Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I am starting a second batch of eggs in the incubator. My first time didn't end well. I don't know what happened but they were good up until about day 16 and I had a temp spike, maybe I touched it when I opened it to turn the eggs. I have taped it down now and I am going to try again. I even got got eggs from a neighbor to put in with mine so 23 eggs go into the incubator tonight! Wish me luck because my honey said I could buy cream legbar eggs if I have a good hatch! I am excited.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well today makes a week they have been in the incubator and I couldn't resist any longer. So I candled tonight and 15/25 show development. I can see little spiderwebs of veins all over them. My only disappointment is the Americana egg is not showing development

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today makes 14 days in the incubator I am going to candle to nite just because I can't resist any longer. Would tonight be a good night to remove any infertile eggs?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am excited tomorrow makes 21 days in the incubator! I have had no temp fluxes except when I opened to turn the eggs no more than 5 minutes . When should I expect them to start hatching? I started them about 5 pm on may 31st. Is there anything I can look for that will tell me they are coming or getting ready to hatch? I want to watch one hatch if I can.

·
977 Posts
Have you seen any of the eggs wiggling? Sometimes if you listen closely you can hear them chirping ! Good luck!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't say that I have but the last time I candled tge eggs I saw several move. I am afraid to take them out and look at them again

·
Banned
825 Posts
IF you started them on May 31.....
it is NO WHERE NEAR 21 days.
( Take a deep-breath....and review your Elementary Mathematics - AND - Calendar.)
---just a thought.
-ReTIRED- :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry may 25th. You made me go back and look at my calander. I knew it was the last saterday in may. Somehow I just turned that into the last day of may in my head.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I do not get it. My temp has stayed at 99-100 for 3 weeks. My humidity is nice and high 65-75%. I rolled my eggs everyday until Thursday, day 19. Still no babies yet I know when I candled last weekend on day 14 you could see little chicks in the eggs moving. I am very disappointed. Have I done something wrong? Or am I just being too impatient.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Jeremysbrinkman said:
Ok I do not get it. My temp has stayed at 99-100 for 3 weeks. My humidity is nice and high 65-75%. I rolled my eggs everyday until Thursday, day 19. Still no babies yet I know when I candled last weekend on day 14 you could see little chicks in the eggs moving. I am very disappointed. Have I done something wrong? Or am I just being too impatient.
What is your heat source and how close to the eggs is it?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Hmmm. I guess you are not cooking them. Do you crack open the eggs you decide are all bad and at least get an idea of when they stopped deloping. It can be gross and sad doing it, but may help you if you are not already checking.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No I haven't opened an egg yet. I usually do. They are all still in the incubator too. I am hoping for some reason it just slowed down and is taking them a little longer but when I left for work this morning I still had nothing but eggs.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts