Chicken Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see we just hit the milestone of 20,000 posts today! Very exciting. Can't wait to see what 2013 brings us, so much great knowledge and information so far!

·
Banned
984 Posts
I don't even own chickens anymore but really enjoy chatting with this fine group. Please don't hold this against me!

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
I don't even own chickens anymore but really enjoy chatting with this fine group. Please don't hold this against me!
We've got a nice group of people, everyone is welcome, but you do have to sit down and listen to our stories......

Only chicken people understand chicken people.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
So true, so true Roslyn. :) No strange looks at me here because we special cook meals for the girls, or oblige Lilah on the rare occasion she wants inside with mom for some one-on-one spoiling, or any of the other chicken things we do. :p

·
Banned
984 Posts
A few years back, I was a chicken rancher. It was all destroyed overnight when a family of raccoons ate all of my girls, with my kids watching in horror from inside the house. Since that time, we removed the entire coop area and built a pool and spa.

Maybe this is why I relate so well?

·
Registered
115 Posts
A few years back, I was a chicken rancher. It was all destroyed overnight when a family of raccoons ate all of my girls, with my kids watching in horror from inside the house. Since that time, we removed the entire coop area and built a pool and spa.

Oh, those poor kids, :eek: to witness that and not being able to do anything must have ben devestating. I would declare war on ***** for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts

You or the dog wasn't home to mess that up?

I'm sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience when I was a kid.

·
Banned
984 Posts
You or the dog wasn't home to mess that up?
Funny you mention this. I was in a 20 minute segment of "Wild About Animals" by Mariotte Hartley, and it showed my partner K-9 herding the chickens into the coop as he did on a daily basis.

Nope, we were both on patrol when the slaughter occurred.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts