Chicken Forum banner

1st Incubation of the year Starting today. Any one eslse? Due March 3rd to 8th

3K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  robopetz 
#1 ·
I've 18 French Wheaten Maran eggs going in today. (From 3 different suppliers). I know 3 weeks is the norm but will be looking for a due date of up to 26 days Love these birds and can't wait for them to arrive! So anything from Sunday 3rd of March to the 8th. Anybody else due then?

#10 ·
I am looking forward to receiving a batch of Serama eggs hopefully in a week or so. (I also am collecting eggs from my Seramas here at home that will go in the 'bator in a few days.) And for spring I am very likely ordering barnevelder, cream leghorn, golden cuckoo maran, and maaaybe some Russian orloffs. The last wasn't planned but the farm I picked has them too and after looking into them they look like really interesting birds... I'm still deciding which breeds I like and want to keep. I'll be moving out the buff orpingtons and partidge rocks so I can do this without growing my flock too much. Those two groups of birds just weren't what I was looking for.

I have a HovaBator... but in all honesty I don't recommend it. I had to move it a dozen times to the "perfect" location just so it wouldn't randomly spike to 102-103 degrees whenever it felt like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.