Chicken Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cicada.jpg
My girls are 7 weeks old now and they love these nasty bugs. Tonight while I was feeding and watering they were going crazy trying to get one that was outside the run. I went out and tossed it in to them. They fought until one pullet grabbed it by the head and down the hatch it went whole. They are all over the yard but you can't find one in the chicken area!

Attachments

·
8 Posts
I love Cicadas! One of my favorite sounds. My chickens have not seen any yet, but I am sure they will love them.

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Keep them. I am a 52 year old woman that will try to run like a 5 year old, and probably fall and break a hip trying to get away from the ugly things that are tangled in my hair. While screaming like a little girl. While my husband is saying "just leave them alone and they won't bother you...":mad:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ah…The sounds of summer!

Lulled me to sleep on many hot summer nights…Along with the drone of the oscillating fan.

·
Registered
44 Posts
fuzziebutt said:
Keep them. I am a 52 year old woman that will try to run like a 5 year old, and probably fall and break a hip trying to get away from the ugly things that are tangled in my hair. While screaming like a little girl. While my husband is saying "just leave them alone and they won't bother you...":mad:
I'm with you Fuzziebutt, I walked out the back door yesterday and almost stepped on a bat. I was not aware I could fly... Of course it kept fluttering around me. . This was in the afternoon. Really wasn't expecting a bat. I was very glad i live in the country and nobody saw me out there dancing, not to mention my four letter expletives!

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
That sound always reminds me of my childhood and camping! I am starting to see lightening bugs again maybe because I am living in the country now!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts