Virginia 10w bantam Partridge Cochin

Discussion in 'Chickens' started by Overmountain1, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 Well-Known Member

Is there anybody that is in the SW Va or NE Tn region (or Nw NC, really) that would be interested in this fella? Meet TicTock, a sweet little fella with a sweet little disposition. 1st pic, standing, 2nd- on the left. I’ll take a few more specific pics of him today also. We had rly hoped for a pair but got two boys. They are best buddies, but they want their own ladies, of course.

For those that don’t know me yet, all my birds are hand raised inside, and they love attention.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Poultry Judge likes this.
  2. Poultry Judge

Poultry Judge Moderator Staff Member

3. Overmountain1

Here are just a few more updated shots of TickTock, if anyone wants a cuddly boy to add to their banties.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

This is when I wish I hadn't gotten out of raising chickens.

Overmountain1 and Poultry Judge like this.
  5. Poultry Judge

You could still have a few chickens!

Overmountain1 and Biring like this.
  6. Overmountain1

I know I know, it’s a no, but he really is a sweet little guy. The ‘problem’ as we were discussing yesterday is that his hatchmate, Clock, and Tock are more like twins in their actions. These two Roos pal around everywhere- I took Tock to take these pics and before I got the 2nd one here came Clock running over. They raise the biggest fuss anytime they get separated- it’s hilarious! And altho they’re the larger ones in there now, tiny Chip still rules the roost!
    The problem is that I would hate to ever separate these two idiots. (They have earned a few nicknames- the Idiots, the Poofs<— mainly this, big little idiots, you get the picture!) Yes they’d adjust but, I’m gonna try my best to keep them. But if I can find a good fit for TickTock here, I will do it anyway for the overall peace in the flock....
    but if I don’t and they all stay ok with one another we will just add to them with a couple little poofy pullets for them.

7. Overmountain1

Last thing, sorta related as he is one of the crowers included!
    The idiots sound like a party favor...

Poultry Judge likes this.
  8. Poultry Judge

That's how they sound at that age! Thanks for the clip.

Overmountain1 likes this.
  9. Poultry Judge

The path of least resistance is always to add more birds!

Overmountain1 likes this.
  10. Overmountain1

Sooo true PJ!

With two accomplished crowers and three young boys learning to crow, our backyard is a happening place to be in the morning- Quack hadn’t even started with his big rooster sound yet in that video. Big boy got smacked down with an umbrella yesterday when he tried to come after me. We then faced off til we had a draw in the stare down. Perhaps I won. I’m not sure. Boys. He’s being rehomed in about another week. Trying not to encourage this behavior, but they know he is protective and need it. We get an Australorp rooster in return of about the same age (6 mos or so) so here’s hoping all goes well for both!!!

11. Poultry Judge

Well good luck! One thing as you sort out your Roos, make sure you are recognized as the apex boss bird. Your roos can be protective all they want but they need to process in their little bb brains that when you are present, (or family members), you are at the top of the pecking order. Most of this can be accomplished with treats, even if it's a big cup of scratch grains. This behavior with your Roos should taper off as they gain a little maturity. They are still sorting themselves out and will continue to do so for a few more months, depending on the mix. Geese are the worst! And swans can be straight up territorial evil too. Ducks, even in a duck gang are clowns!