Windows 8

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by fuzziebutt, Oct 27, 2012.

1. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Does anyone have Windows 8 yet? I have had all the Windows operating systems since 98SE, and am wondering about 8, and if anyone likes it.

2. ReTIRED

ReTIRED New Member

Don't have it. AND...Don't like it.

3. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

My son told me its really stupid. If you're on the desktop you can't easily listen to music or go from one thing to another. He says most of the college crowd hate it, no matter what their major is. It's too compartmentalized.

Like one out of five stars. (It sucks)

I'm a Mac person so I have no opinion.

4. farmhand

farmhand Junior Member

Seems like Microsoft steeped in it with this one. I have been thinking about buying one of the new google laptops that only use internet. You can always access "Chicken Forum" with that. :D

5. KeyMan

KeyMan Junior Member

I think it's big WOO HOO is touch screen......but your computer has to be compatible. I think anyway. LOL

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I know this may be controversial, but I don't really need anything beyond my iPhone.

7. farmhand

farmhand Junior Member

Someone had better flag this comment!

8. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I have a computer and a iPad but I rarely use them cause my phone is so great. And I'm still on iphone 4 not even 4S or 5.

Argh. At this rate I'll be banned and then they'll come to my home and I'll just disappear some evening. ;-)

9. farmhand

farmhand Junior Member

We'll have to stick together. I just unlocked my iphone 4 and switched to a cheaper Walmart carrier. I'm on mine all the time. At least that is what my wife says. ;)

10. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Me too! I honestly don't know how I functioned before I had an iPhone. I mean like how did I every drive anyplace and actually arrive there? How did I function without all this information at my fingertips? I was discussing this with my 20 year old son like last week. I see people with these crappy phones and I just shake my head.

11. KeyMan

KeyMan Junior Member

PHONE FREAKS! :p

12. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Sadly, I agree. Lol

13. ReTIRED

ReTIRED New Member

I have 2 pre-paid TracFones. One has a full keyboard and a camera and can access the Internet. I never use it.
    The other older cell-phone is so simple and old (like me) that it doesn't even have a camera. THIS is the one I use and seldom.
    I'm amazed by people walking around, or driving, or shopping with a cell-phone STUCK to their ear ! ( I figure that they might as well have just stayed home and made their telephone calls.)
    A WHOLE NEW WORLD......!!! ( I wonder HOW anyone gets anything done with all this "Cell-Phone Mania".....not to mention the horrendous phone bills ! )
    just an old man's opinion, ;) :)
    Bruce ( ReTIRED )

14. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I rarely use mine as a phone. Lol. It's more like a little portable lap top. I'm mostly on Facebook or chicken forum or reading my email. I'm in sales at the moment and I make 50% of my contacts on email. Even cold calling will result in "send me an email" and I do. It's better than voice mail. They can print it, forward it or keep it for future reference. So I'm more productive. And I haven't ever used a headset. I hate them. I also wear hearing aids in both ears, so digital is much much better for me.

15. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Well, I have it, just to say that I have the whole collection. But I love love LOVE 7, and will stick with that!