White milky poo

Discussion in 'Emergencies, Illness, Meds & Cures' started by Pinkter, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Pinkter

Pinkter Member

My hen is sitting in one place and won't move. She has white milky liquid coming out of her. I have food and water near her and she is drinking and eating but won't move. Could this be impacted crop?

2. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Does her crop feel hard as a rock; not just in the evenings but throughout the day? I really don't think it's a crop problem, although giving her a helping of bread soaked in olive oil (one time a day for two days), followed up by a couple of helpings of plain, non-fat yogurt (again, once a day for two days) will help if her crop does feel unusual to you.
    Sounds more like a reproductive or kidney problem to me.
    Strange request (to try and help you further) - can you post a pic of the poo?

3. Pinkter

Pinkter Member

Thank you for that info. I will keep it for future use. Unfortunately she died in the middle of the night. Yesterday when I was holding her it did feel like a rock. You're not supposed to feel the crop at all right?

4. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

I'm sorry for your loss. :(
    You should be able to feel the crop, on the right side of the body. In the mornings, before they have fed all day, it should feel barely there; barely noticable. When they go to roost in the evenings, it should feel good and full, kind of like wrapping your hand around a bag of rice, but not rock hard.