what breed/sex is this chick?

Discussion in 'What Breed/Gender is This?' started by katiec123, Oct 2, 2012.

1. katiec123

katiec123 New Member

A friend of mine found this chick at an abandoned house, there was no other chicks or chickens for what I know at the house, my friend is not very chicken savvy (she thought it had fallen out of a nest). Anyways she gave it to me in the middle of August 2012. I have no clue of what breed she/he could be, and im not sure what gender either. The chick is rather friendly, loves me and is deathly afraid of my adult hens, but thats probably because they pick on him/her. Also the chick lived by its self for the first month that I had him/her, now the chick is in a cage inside of my coop with the big chickens so hes around hens but there is a fence in between them. Here are some pictures. Pictures of him when he was very little were taken on 8/23/12, older pictures were taken on 10/2/12. The picture of him in is cage he is standing next to my adult Road Island Red hen, its so that you can tell how big he is. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. aussiechicks

aussiechicks New Member

Well she has some Plymouth Rock in there for sure.

3. aussiechicks

aussiechicks New Member

image-3941699914.jpg

My girl Hattie she is pure Plymouth Rock. (Just to compare)

4. katiec123

katiec123 New Member

anyone else have any idea

5. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Dominecker.. Dominique.. My Dom pullets..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  6. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

She is most likely a Barred Plymouth Rock or a Dominique crossed with something white. When my delaware roosters crossed with barred rock hens the peeps looked like barred rocks, but were paler and with less defined stripes, or barring.

She could also be second generation barring as well, looking at the baby photos. Cute though!!

7. katiec123

katiec123 New Member

Took this picture today, im guessing this is a start of spurs, which means male? What do you think.

Attached Files:

8. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

Yea, looking back at the first photos at those little pointy tail feathers I should have caught it.

It's a boy!