What breed of chicken is my new fluffy roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed/Gender is This?' started by ChickenAddiction, Sep 10, 2012.

1. ChickenAddiction

ChickenAddiction New Member

Hi all, it's great to find a new chicken community to learn from. I have a gorgeous rooster that my hubby got for me and I was hoping that someone here could tell me what breed he is. He is big & beautiful with feathers all the way down his legs and feet. We were thinking he might be a French Black Copper Maran but really have no idea as we are pretty new to having chickens. Thank you for your help.

ChickenAddiction

Attached Files:

2. TinyHouse

TinyHouse New Member

He is gorgeous! I'm new to chickens also so I have no idea, but I'll be waiting to hear what the experts say!

3. ChickenAddiction

Thank you very much :) A friend of my husband had him and he was downsizing and they gave him to me because they knew how much I loved him. I hope someone knows.... because he is the only one I have that I don't know for sure what he is.

4. ChickenAddiction

Sad not to see an answer to my post.... I would really like to know what kind of roo he is...

5. madman

madman New Member

Hi there I'm not the best of telling the breed of chickens but I think I could be a brahma or a Cochin hope this helps have you got any more pics swell love the colour

6. redneckwildman

redneckwildman New Member

Is that a BBred cochin? Black Breasted Red? It looks like the same colors as one

It has an extra toe? it looks like a Cochin to me. I'll have to get out my Breed Standards book

7. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

My vote is a Partridge Cochin.

8. Buffy_Orpington

Buffy_Orpington New Member

Black Copper Maran except the White tail feathers he looks just like my Roo. . Elvis does his crow sound horse or rough?? Not like you think it will??
    Im still guessing the Maran, But look up Jean Davis Marans or look in Meyer Hatchery they have real pictures not paintings of the birds, Cochan or Maran he is a really pretty fella !

9. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

i have no idea but he is GORGEOUS!!!!! what cute babies he would make...

10. ChickenAddiction

11. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Standard Partridge Cochin.. Would be my guess

12. anderson8505

anderson8505 New Member

Very pretty rooster! Glad you found his breed. He looks just like my golden laced cochin, Goliath, except the chest!