Chicken Forum banner

What am I? lotsa pics!

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Lady_Alia 
#1 ·
An someone please tell me what breed this is? She's very moody almost mean. She's a bully to anything her size or smaller and has pecked me on more than one occasion.
Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
If you wanted to "reset" the pecking order, then take her out of the coop for a week or so, outta sight and all. Maybe keep her in a pet carrier in the garage or something. Then return her, and she will be at the bottom of the pecking order, and she won't be bothering anyone for a while.

#6 ·
fuzziebutt said:
If you wanted to "reset" the pecking order, then take her out of the coop for a week or so, outta sight and all. Maybe keep her in a pet carrier in the garage or something. Then return her, and she will be at the bottom of the pecking order, and she won't be bothering anyone for a while.
I had actually thought about doing that but was afraid that since Hawkie Belle weighs 1 pound and this girl weighs about 6 pounds, she'd pick on Hawkie Belle that much more while establishing her position.

#7 ·
My first instinct was to say she is a Welsummer. However, her legs are dark and that rules out Welsummer. My best guess is that she is one of the many colors of Araucona/Americana that are out there. I have 9 and every one is a different color, some have the feathered "chops" around their throat and some have the simple comb and waddle. But they do ALL have the dark greenish/grey legs. And their attitudes aren't as friendly as some others.

Are you getting brown or green eggs from her? Welsummer lay a VERY dark, almost chocolate colored egg, and the Americana lay a green/blue. She could even be a cross, I believe that Astralorps also have the dark legs.

She is lovely, maybe with some handling and stepping into the pecking order may help. Not every chicken is a pet.

#9 ·
Thanks for all y'all's input! I don't believe she's a wyandotte or welsummer. The closest pic to her would be the partridge plymouth rock. She's very red in color...I guess that's what's throwing me off so much. And I don't know which eggs are hers or even if she's laying yet. I have had some dark eggs but nothing super dark. I just dunno :-(

#19 ·
cogburn said:
I hear ya... Why can't we all just get along?!! Lol go ahead and tell her she's purebred, she wont know the difference.. ;^) have a great evening ladies..

Cogburn
Hehehe I tell her she's gonna be Christmas dinner if she doesn't straighten up! (I think she knows its an empty threat)

And you too Cogburn!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.