What am I? lotsa pics!

Discussion in 'What Breed/Gender is This?' started by Lady_Alia, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

An someone please tell me what breed this is? She's very moody almost mean. She's a bully to anything her size or smaller and has pecked me on more than one occasion.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

I don't know what kind she is, but she is BEAUTIFUL!! What have you named her?

3. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

Lol thank you! She doesn't really have a name other than jerkface! And if she keeps picking on my Hawkie Belle she's gonna be living somewhere else!

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Wyandotte? I've heard they are pretty, but bitchy. Lol

5. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

If you wanted to "reset" the pecking order, then take her out of the coop for a week or so, outta sight and all. Maybe keep her in a pet carrier in the garage or something. Then return her, and she will be at the bottom of the pecking order, and she won't be bothering anyone for a while.

6. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

I had actually thought about doing that but was afraid that since Hawkie Belle weighs 1 pound and this girl weighs about 6 pounds, she'd pick on Hawkie Belle that much more while establishing her position.

7. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

My first instinct was to say she is a Welsummer. However, her legs are dark and that rules out Welsummer. My best guess is that she is one of the many colors of Araucona/Americana that are out there. I have 9 and every one is a different color, some have the feathered "chops" around their throat and some have the simple comb and waddle. But they do ALL have the dark greenish/grey legs. And their attitudes aren't as friendly as some others.

Are you getting brown or green eggs from her? Welsummer lay a VERY dark, almost chocolate colored egg, and the Americana lay a green/blue. She could even be a cross, I believe that Astralorps also have the dark legs.

She is lovely, maybe with some handling and stepping into the pecking order may help. Not every chicken is a pet.

8. anderson8505

anderson8505 New Member

It looks like a partridge plymouth rock, but I don't think they have black legs. Sorry she's mean. You can try keeping her by herself for at least a week then putting her back into the flock and see if she changes her ways. Def a hen.

9. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

Thanks for all y'all's input! I don't believe she's a wyandotte or welsummer. The closest pic to her would be the partridge plymouth rock. She's very red in color...I guess that's what's throwing me off so much. And I don't know which eggs are hers or even if she's laying yet. I have had some dark eggs but nothing super dark. I just dunno :-(

10. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Barnevelder?

11. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

I don't think so. The pattern is very similar but where the barnevelder is has a lot of black, my girl has a lot of red and very little black.

I wish she were though cuz that's a cool looking chicken!

12. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

I'm really leaning towards partridge Plymouth rock

13. Roslyn

Is there a chance that she is a cross?? If you take the white out of a speckled sussex and add the dark legs of an australorp, she could be close.

Or a Partridge Rock/ Astralorp. HHHmmmm, quite the mystery! It's those dark legs!!

;)

14. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

Well, my jersey giants feet are black...go figure! lol

15. cogburn

cogburn New Member

I'm thinking definitely a mix, she's pretty. And maybe the black was trumped by that red head? No telling really, she's definitely a keeper.

Attached Files:

16. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

Lol yeah, there's no tellin. I'm gonna keep her unless she keeps pecking me! lol

17. cogburn

cogburn New Member

I hear ya... Why can't we all just get along?!! Lol go ahead and tell her she's purebred, she wont know the difference.. ;^) have a great evening ladies..

Cogburn

18. gunner12

gunner12 New Member

I have one exactly like that same color and everything but she may be a little smaller. I have no clue what they are?

19. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

Hehehe I tell her she's gonna be Christmas dinner if she doesn't straighten up! (I think she knows its an empty threat)

And you too Cogburn!!

20. Roslyn

OOOoooooo OOOOooooo

What about a Red Dorking bred to something with dark legs??
    ....getting closer......

Attached Files: