Weather ...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Sundancers, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

For the ones that don't know me from PS ... I'm a weather nut ... I love to hear of weather from all over.

As we have have few "Weather post as to chickens" ... maybe we can just talk about the weather in your area.

As of right now in southern Virginia it is 64 with a little rain. ;) What is going on "weather wise" in your area???

((PLEASE)) :p

2. TinyHouse

TinyHouse New Member

Cool here (63) - and we had RAIN the other day. *right* after I planted that clover.

:D

3. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Misty cold damp Autumn time here in the UK.

4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe New Member

We've had an entire week of nothing but beautiful! :cool:

Highs' in the upper 70's and lows in the mid 50's. Clear blue skies with a few puffy white clouds thrown in for contrast. I'd like to put my order in now for this type of weather all year round. :)

5. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Right now it's 72 - 73 sunny with a covering of thin white clouds. Perfect day. The birds are and have been extremely talkative these past few days. Turned off the central air. At night it drops to 60 - 65. That's 20 minutes or so from New York City.

6. rob

rob New Member

another misrable day here in cardiff, but at least its not raining.

7. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

I am in Idaho. For those who don't know, it is a giant mountain. Boise (our biggest city) is at the bottom of the state and the mountains. The weather here has been beautiful, still wearing summer clothes in the day, but the mornings are turning chilly. Winter will be here by the end of October. The air quality has been bad, we had a lot of fires this year. Perfect hot springs weather.

8. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

We had serious rain all weekend. Now it's back to bright and sunny.

9. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Yea, now it is our turn ... rain for the next few days with temps in the 60s ...

They did move us out of the 3 inch plus range and into the 2 inch area.

10. adorson

adorson New Member

Right now we are in a tornado watch until 3 am!

11. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Hang tight and keep an ear open... wishing you well.

12. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

Right now Western Pa is cool and rainy. Had some down pours, but it's doing my newly planted strawberry bed some good!!

It's due to be cold this week. Fall is coming............

13. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Woke up to rain on East Coast too. Very mild, like 75-80 degrees but wet. Probably the last day I can stay in bed late so this is fine for me.

14. UncleJoe

UncleJoe New Member

Our long string of beautiful sunny days ended today. Was awakened at 4 this morning to driving rain bouncing off the windowsill and onto the dresser. Oooops. :eek:

15. cogburn

cogburn New Member

We are currently 58-62 at night and 80's for highs, our 2nd big "cold" front is on its way through, we had been 102-105 for highs, like much of the rest of the country I was glad to see the high temps moving out. Yesterday the winds were light 5-10 out of the NW, and sunny. Some rain may be associated with this next
    System (fingers crossed).. And expecting temps to stay the same for a while... 60 low 80 high !

16. Kokoschicks

Kokoschicks New Member

It's in the 60's today here in western mass, and we're expecting a frost tonight... So we will see how everything goes. I hope we get some snow soon, I wanna go snowmobiling!!!!

17. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

Woke up to 50 degress...brrrrr good thing roo has some hunnies to snuggle with. High today in upper 80's. Winter is on it's way..

18. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

Today was 66 and windy! Making it very cold! Last night we got down to 37! After a record summers heat and drought it seems winter is coming with a vengeance! lol

19. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

It's 87 right now.

It's so nice outside it silly. I've been trying to get out as much as I can before we get hit with Indian Summer. That'll take it back up to 100+ real quick.

20. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

They are calling temps to dip into the 30's ... I think it may be time to bring in the woodstove. :D

Bbbrrrrrrrr ...