Weather

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by robin416, Dec 24, 2015.

1. robin416

robin416 Super Moderator Staff Member

Jeez o'pete this is getting beyond nuts in our house. The weather alert has been going off since 2 this morning, now our phones are going nuts with flash flood alerts.

At noon EMA made an announcement to stay off the roads if at all possible due to flooding. They want to keep them as clear as possible for rescue personnel.

And here comes the rain, lightening and thunder once again.

Oh, I failed to mention our dogs go bezerk when all of these alarms go off and the thunder happens.

As far as flooding goes where our house is? Not a concern at all. I just hope others that we know are as fortunate as we are.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Well-Known Member

We've been expecting severe weather but Bermuda high pressure backed into the area protecting us. It's very warm here, setting record highs all week and more to come. Our a/c is running.
    Has anyone heard what January and February will be like? Our weatherguessers have no clue.

3. robin416

Ours kicked on again just as I was reading your post. We're above 80 at the moment, I don't feel like crawling over a scared dog to go look to see what it actually is.

I guess we're getting what you were supposed to be getting because they did say this would be gone already. Some of the towns/cities just SW of us have had over ten inches of rain so far.

4. nannypattyrn

nannypattyrn Active Member

We're sitting just above 60 and sunny. Gramps has been clearing woods today. The only thing I've heard that January and February are supposed to be warmer than usual in our area.

5. robin416

Was it you that said you live in OK? And if it was you, did they change their minds about the blizzard possibility?

6. nannypattyrn

I'm in the SE part of Oklahoma. The heavy stuff is not supposed to make it this far east. It's mostly supposed to be in the western areas. We shall see..
    Would you mind looking at my post under the coyote and see what you think about the bloody egg?

7. Maryellen

Maryellen Active Member

70 here today in North nj. Been raining all week and in the 60's.
    Supposedly winter is to hit in a few weeks.

8. robin416

Do you hear yourself? NJ and Winter in a few weeks! When do you remember that being possible? And when was the last time you experienced no snow in the middle of Dec? This weather is freaking nuts.

9. Maryellen

Maryellen Active Member

It's nuts for sure. When I was growing up it always snowed on christmas. Winter was snow and cold. Now, it's crazy weather

10. Maryellen

Maryellen Active Member

My yard is all mud like it's spring, the worms are everywhere, my garlic is coming up thru the hay we put down to protect it from the cold and snow, I have green grass and flowers still.

11. jn4

jn4 New Member

I had a post about this little better than a week ago...where NOAA and Space Weather were forecasting ABOVE normal temps all the way into early march. The current patterns are claimed to be from ElNino and the GeoEngineering cloud "seeding" they are daily conducting.

In that post I proposed the questions of HOW these patterns might affect flocks egg production and agriculture over the long haul of the coming summer...that and the fact cold weather is needed for bacteria die-off...along with bugs/pests. And what the outlook may indeed be for the coming year.

I Think more people are paying attention now.

12. Nm156

Nm156 Active Member

:eek:....................:eek:

13. chickenmommy

chickenmommy New Member

I'm so sick of rain. There was a leak in the nesting box so the bedding was soaked. And our backyard is at a slant so all the rain drains into our yard and creates so much mud. Cleaning out a chicken coop in the rain is not fun. And the hubs slid n busted his butt in the mud. On a good note I found a ring in the backyard I thought I lost months ago lol

14. robin416

The ring part is really good. The hubby thing? Did you have to work really hard not to laugh?

We were finally dry today the sun even took a couple of peeks out. But they still have roads all over the area closed due to flooding, sink holes and roads just plain gone.

15. chickenmommy

chickenmommy New Member

Robin lol I swear u read my mind. There was three parts to my thought process. First I was like oh gosh I hope he's ok. Second was to laugh. Third was to be happy it wasn't me. I'm the clumsy one who fell down the porch steps twice when I went to feed the chickens and I have fallen in the back yard on mud atleast 6 or 7 times lol

16. robin416

After seeing my own do it or go slip sliding like a comedy routine I always made sure I had heavy lugs on my boots or shoes. The boots the hubs wears are smooth as a baby's behind for the soles and he still wears them in the wet and you can imagine that the comedy routine continues.

And the urge to laugh? Wow, is that hard to hold in. I usually have to go some where else so I don't explode.

17. seminolewind

seminolewind SuperModerator Staff Member

2 years ago I missed the step and fell out of the chicken coop and sprained both ankles. I'm yelling help but no one hears me. I end up crawling to the house on my knees because my ankles hurt so bad. Finally woke my husband up as he was sleeping because he worked that night. On one ankle the pain lessened. On one it got worse. I could not walk by myself for 10 days. The first week I didn't even want to move. 3 weeks on the couch, then I got fed up and drove my car to the barn to pet my horse. It was an awful few weeks with nothing to do.

18. seminolewind

seminolewind SuperModerator Staff Member

Sorry about all the mud. I've been reading how terrible the storms are.

19. robin416

Talked to a local this evening, he said that he's lived where he has for a long time and never seen this much deep water standing in the fields. Several main roads are still closed.

I'll tell you, I always worried about hurting myself like that while Bob was still on the road working. I tried to be careful because of it but I know something as simple as you did, Sem, could happen any time.

20. nannypattyrn

I can't believe that on 12/26/2015 I'm sitting on my deck having coffee and watching my dogs play and eat their breakfast! It's a damp 66 degrees here in the SE Sooner state! The rain and much cooler temps haven't made it here yet, but will at some point today.