Ultimate Chicken Waterer

Discussion in 'Sponsor Display' started by ChickenWaterer, Sep 23, 2012.

1. ChickenWaterer

ChickenWaterer New Member

The BriteTap chicken waterer shields your flocks water from dirt, debris and droppings. No more messy pans for you to clean out. Attach the BriteTap waterer to a standard water cooler or any other plastic container that can act as a water supply tank. It's clean water made simple!. Check out the BriteTap waterer at our website ChickenWaterer.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Very nice! Think I'll look into that. Not sure it will fit my tiny coop. I'll mcGuyver something.

3. rob

rob New Member

a bit to big for me, but a great item

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

They say you can use ANY water container. Like any size. So it could be as big or small as you want or need it to be.

5. cogburn

cogburn New Member

I've used the nipples before they are really nice, I used them off a 3 inch PVC main body, with an upright of 2 inch PVC 6 foot tall with a cleanout/cap, unscrew and fill with hose. Enough clean water for all week. But it froze and split.. Freak winter really cold... I may consider rigging a new one up.. EV it would be really simple to apply to your coop. I could coach you through it. Think about it. And, Rob you can make it any size... Easy

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I would really really appreciate that. I went to their website and the box and nipples is less than $30. When I get my first paycheck I'm going to order one and see what it looks like in my hands. Cool. That's something else to look forward to. Asked my son if I could put the coop together and he asked me again to wait for him to come home for thanksgiving break.

7. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Awesome !!
    See here's a trunk line outside, drill a hole run it inside too, that way one water system provides clean water in and out at the same time.

Attached Files:

8. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Yes, yes. That makes so much sense. And I maybe can keep the water container outside instead of inside my little coop. Wish I had the coop up to figure it out.

9. cogburn

cogburn New Member

The PVC pipe is the container, you have an upright section with a removable cap for more reservoir space, insert garden hose, fill PVC totally up w clean H2O and screw cap back on. All done !

10. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

But I thought that it wasn't healthy to drink water from a garden hose. For humans or chickens. And me and my animals, we don't drink tap water. So I was kinda thinking set up a little water tank outside with water hoses running inside and outside. My only concern would be freezing. What are your thoughts about that?

11. ChickenWaterer

BriteTap Waterer - Water Supply

The BriteTap is designed to most easily fit on a water cooler because all you have to do is to unscrew the spigot and replace it with the BriteTap waterer. However, it can be fitted onto any food grade plastic container. For example, you could put it on a plastic pitcher or food-grade pail. This allows you to choose a capacity, size and style water container that best meets your needs and budget. See below images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To see a video of the BriteTap waterer in operation, visit our web site ChickenWaterer.com

12. ChickenWaterer

Energyvet: You are correct, hoses leach chemicals and this is not safe to drink from. We've made sure the BriteTap is made of food grade or better materials. The clear plastic is actually medical grade material.

13. piglett

piglett Senior Member

here is my setup
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. BuckeyeChickens

BuckeyeChickens New Member

Looks like a nice product ChickenWaterer! I have posted a link to your website and video at the American Buckeye Club Facebook page....for those reading my reply, this is a "Vendor Page" and is NOT the place to compare homemade products to the Vendor's thread! Just not the place if anyone is listening to my two cents.

15. onafixedincome

onafixedincome New Member

I use RV safe drinking water hoses to go from faucet to pen; the water is safe, clean and plentiful (but don't worry, the hoses are reasonably pressure-tolerant, although I use a multi hose hookup so I can drip-water my plants to keep the pressure correct or use a pressure regulator at need. I like the look of this waterer except for the clear plastic--you're going to be cleaning out a LOT of algae in summer....

16. fodderfeed

fodderfeed New Member

Would work for rabbits as well!

17. CarolynF

CarolynF New Member

How do you clean the pvc pipe?

18. piglett

piglett Senior Member

a drop of bleach will kill anything that things it wants to grow in the pipe
    the birds will still drink the water no problem there(but don't over do it)
    if it gets away from you use a 1/2 cup of bleach just make sure you wash out the pipes really well when your finished.

piglett

19. halcyonflorida

halcyonflorida New Member

This is cool! We are finishing up our coop now and this is something I am definitely going to look into. THanks.

20. zincsulfate

zincsulfate RECH CHEMICAL co.Ltd

If it was bigger, It would be better.