Tell Me what I have

Discussion in 'What Breed/Gender is This?' started by jwlslotcars, Oct 10, 2012.

1. jwlslotcars

jwlslotcars New Member

I just purchased a house and these can with it. Can you tell me what breed they are and their value
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks, Jeff

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Beautiful chickens! That's what you have. Lol

3. jwlslotcars

jwlslotcars New Member

They are beautiful. I have 4 roosters and 4 hens. I'm in South Carolina and giving up Gamecocks would be hard to do

4. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

You have a lot of roosters! The black and white ones remind me of a Silver Dorking. However I don't think they have dark legs, but more of a white to grey color. Plus Dorkings have a low to the ground stance, so they may be crossed. First guess on the red rooster is a Rhode Island Red, however I have never seen the white ear blob on a Rhode Island Red. Usually that white ear is on exotic type breeds, again most likely a cross.

Was the previous owner a cock fighter? That's a lot of roosters. Value? Roosters are usually given away free for anyone who wants one or to someone who will eat it. The final picture is tough, she may be a cross or an Americana depends on what color egg she lays.

The only chickens that have real value are pullets that are coming into lay, and exotic breeds with exact bloodline information. Other than that, they are pets or dinner.

5. rob

rob New Member

great looking roo's but i bet its noisy in the morning ;)