Speckled eggs

Discussion in 'Broody Hens & Egg Laying' started by Lady_Alia, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

I'm not sure who's laying it, according to my research none of them, but we have a girl who lays them consistently. Isn't it pretty!

Attached Files:

2. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Very pretty ... :)

3. rob

rob New Member

nice that. what lays the blue one ?

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

EE generally.

5. kimberley

kimberley New Member

My ee has quit laying i think. Snake was getting her egg.. Love my colored eggs and they are so pretty. still have hen tho.

6. WeeLittleChicken

WeeLittleChicken Active Member

I've seen Rhode Islands occasionally throw those. I think they are prettier than the blue ones! :)

7. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Mine like the speckled one is from my RIR's. Got a pretty really speckled one yesterday that I'm going to blow the yolk out of and save. I have a little basket of first eggs, funny shaped eggs, little eggs, biggest ever eggs (6 1/8" round, 3" long, 3.4 oz.), and just plain pretty eggs. I weigh them, measure them, and write on them the date & who's it was if I know. Still waiting for my first EE egg. So far Josie is holding out on me. :p

8. Willy

Willy Junior Member

We've got a black hen with some red splashed on her breast that lays very large speckled eggs like that. I've got about a half dozen in the incubator that should be hatching about Sunday. It took us a while to figure out which hen was laying them.

9. dfwquiltr37

dfwquiltr37 Junior Member

I used to get those from one of my RIR hens, I have sense lost her. She laid really pretty brown and speckled eggs. I wished I had thought about it back then to also save the eggs, I would have blown them out as well, and hung them on my christmas tree. I am going to start collecting eggs that have good colors and blow them out and decorate then our Christmas tree.

10. AmyR

AmyR Junior Member

My Welsummer lays those super speckled eggs, my RIR sometimes has some speckles on hers - but never as much as the Welsummer. :)

11. seiuchin

seiuchin seiuchin

my silver laced wyandotte. has been laying brown eggs for a few months now, but just recently her eggs have been speckled.I wasn't sure if it was normal or not. Reading all these posts, I guess it is!

12. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

My welsummer gives me a large speckled egg like that nearly every day.

13. farmhand

farmhand Junior Member

Found this thead googling "Welsummer eggs". My Bucket list includes a couple of calm Welsummer hens that lay pretty speckled eggs. Who has them?