Serama Hatchling with Various Household Objects

Discussion in 'Chicken Stories and Images' started by WeeLittleChicken, Sep 21, 2012.

1. WeeLittleChicken

WeeLittleChicken Active Member

Here is my little miracle chick who hatched despite the incubator going nuts and weaving between 86-103 degrees whenever it felt like it. It was the one of fourteen eggs that was tough enough to make it despite this. I think I am naming it Mighty. S/he is also my first hatchling so I am especially proud. LoL. S/he is a Serama, the smallest breed of chicken.

Here s/he is with a regular Milk Bone.

[​IMG]

A tasty spoon from the kitchen...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A memory card for all you computer savvy peeps.

[​IMG]

A small jar of Cream of Tartar for all you cooks. I love the expression - such confidence it'll never be used on him/her!

[​IMG]

And a match box car... (Took this right after taking the wee one out of the incubator.)

[​IMG]

2. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Awww, too precious!!!

3. chrelsey

chrelsey New Member

What a cute baby! We have three Seramas - two hens and a roo - going on seven weeks old. I loved how when they had just hatched I could hold all three of them in one hand!

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

These are so cute. Great sense of humor with all the different items. Chuckling as you walk around the house taking photos. I sent the matchbox car to my 19 year old son. Lol

5. WeeLittleChicken

WeeLittleChicken Active Member

I ended up with two of them and they're both weighing in at 1.2oz after more than a week of growing! They're funny little birds, just getting in their tail feathers. They look like tiny aspiring peacocks. :D

[​IMG]

Also my unrelated cockerel finally let me take a somewhat decent photo of him today!

[​IMG]

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Sweet! They are so beautiful and always stand so proudly.

7. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Lovely birds and photos .:)