Saying hi from Hawaii

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by robopetz, Oct 16, 2012.

1. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Or shall I say Aloha!!! Lol. Well a lil about me. I raised chicks before. Once in high school, and once a few yrs later. Both hatched from eggs. I only chose to raise one single chicken as they were intended to be a single pet. This time around I couldn't get me hands on an egg for me to hatch. I wanted a silkie and was only lucky enough to find a week old one here. She will be hand raised and will be a house pet. Y'all heard about the chicken diapers? Ya, she will be wearing those when she gets older haha. She is going to be a lucky spoiled rotten chick I tell you. Well enough rambling and ill do my best in keeping y'all posted on her doings. Thnx!

Rob =)

2. rob

rob New Member

hello rob, and welcome from another rob. :)

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello Rob! Welcome to the forum! I too have a "house" chicken right now. Newbie I took in a week ago today is having a hard time making her way in with my other girls. She's really timid. Had been pecked really bad by the others she had grown up with. Just now starting to follow me everywhere. She's such a good girl that she doesn't like to potty in her temporary house in my house. I have to take her outside like I do my dogs. What a girl. :D My black Australorp used to be potty trained too. Now she's in the big girl coop. Only comes in on occasion for some special tlc. :) You'll have to post us some pics so we can admire your little feathered friend. Chickens truly do make the best of pets! That's what all 9 of mine are too. We call the eggs our bonus. ;)

4. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Hi Rob! Lol I see that you have a silkie too! Is yours a house pet? Are they really full of personality and affectionate like they say? Thanks!

5. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Cute! I heard you can house train them. I will definitely give that a try! That's sad about the pecking, but hey it worked in her favor.. She's now indoors and spoiled lol

6. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

:)Aloha Rob, and Kia Ora from New Zealand.