Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JadedMoss, Jul 20, 2012.

1. JadedMoss

JadedMoss New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lisa and I am in Oak Harbor, Wa. I currently don't have any chickens but am learning and helping a friend with her 30 odd chickens. I am hoping to get some of my own soon as my friend has given me permission to use one of her enclosures.

2. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Welcome !! Great folks with great info here !

3. blondie

blondie New Member

Welcome Lisa. How exciting for you to be planning on getting your own chickens. Sounds like you are getting good experience helping your friend. Have you chosen breeds yet?

4. JadedMoss

JadedMoss New Member

I haven't yet. My friend is going to be helping me with that as she knows what types work well up here and all.

5. CMCLB

CMCLB New Member

Lisa, I'm SO excited to see you here! I grew up in OH & still have friends & family there. Welcome & good luck with your new adventure!

6. ypease

ypease New Member

Hey, Lisa! I live in Marysville, just down I5 from you. I was raised on a farm and have had chickens all my life. Just love them! My husband has become a chickoholic as well. He is acuity boy who has been tainted and converted by three little hens, Henny, Penny & Pluck! They are Silver laced Wyndottes and purchased for asthetic as well as family friendly genetic traits. They are lovely girls with unique personalities and very good layers. Anyway, glad to see you are getting practical experience prior to the final leap into poultry parenting! Congrats!