New to forum, from Western Washington

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kaax, Nov 21, 2012.

1. kaax

kaax Junior Member

Hi everyone,
    I've been steered to the forum, by my good friend Bird_Slave.
    I'm happy to be here, looks like a great group.
    I've had chickens for about 10 years now, on the outskirts of Seattle. Usually a small suburban flock of 3-5 hens. Right now I have 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Sicilian Buttercup and 2 Easter Eggers. The rainy season has started and going to spend a little time here, getting to know you all.
    I'm originally from Alaska, but have lived here for 30+years. My user name is the Tlingit word for chicken, or as close as it gets. It's closer to Spruce Grouse. (Well, of course it is. lol)
    I hope you are all having great days,
    Kaax

2. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

Oh no, not my partner in crime! These nice people are under the impression that I'm a good egg! :D
    Welcome my dear friend. As the other forum members will find, you have alot to offer in chicken knowledge and a wonderful personality to match. :)

3. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

Welcome and hello from one still freezing up in Alaska!

4. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello from Upper Michigan! :) Welcome to the forum.

5. kaax

kaax Junior Member

Got'em fooled doncha? :cool:

Thank you for the welcome BS. :b

Kaax

Had to google kalhitna, I think I was from way south of there, the panhandle. I did spend one winter in Anchorage. One winter was enough. lol

Thank you 7chicks

6. kahiltna_flock

Yeah the pan handle is a bit more temperate. I am in eagle river just north of anchorage. The winters keep getting longer and longer the more time I live here. Dipped below zero last night, brrrrr. Kids are grown, hubby and I are thinking of finding a warmer place to live.

7. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

That's what I keep telling Kaax, as he gets older (than dirt).
    Y'all do know there are places where it isn't freezing or raining non-stop, don't ya? ;)

8. kaax

kaax Junior Member

I am not older than dirt. We are the same age. I just look a bit older since that horrible botox incident. :p

Kaax

9. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

HAHA! great comeback

10. lorindaeb

lorindaeb Junior Member

Hi from Lynden, WA!! I have a cousin who lives in Wasilla, used to live in North Pole. I have been up there a couple times! Beautiful!!

11. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Hi kaax and welcome! In NW Alabama, it was a breezy 65 today with plenty of sunshine, and tomorrow it is supposed to be in the low 70's here. Lots of sun, too. Rainy season, huh? That drips!! :p Glad to have you around here!

12. kaax

kaax Junior Member

Hi and thanks lorindaeb, Whatcom is a beautiful area.

fuzziebutt, let's switch weather. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Kaax

13. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

S'pose to be a high of 74° here today. Tell me again why you like walking around feeling all soggy? :p

14. kahiltna_flock

Someone could send a few degrees up here, dipped below zero again last night....

15. kaax

kaax Junior Member

It'll probably warm up there, the same time it stops raining here.

-May

Kaax

16. Bird_slave

Bird_slave Junior Member

I'll spare you a few degrees if you promise to send me a shipment of rain when June gets here and the rain just....STOPS.

17. kahiltna_flock

So depressing but true! The chickens don't seem to mind so much. I think it bothers me more than them.

18. Yolk

Yolk New Member

Welcome to the forum.