New Colorado Chicken Lover

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LeCoop, Aug 16, 2012.

1. LeCoop

LeCoop New Member

Good evening.
    I am new and have a question. I promise to come back and introduce myself more but I have a sick pullet that I am looking for Corid. I can't seem to find any stores that sell it near me. I am in Castle Rock, Co. Anyone local here that knows where to get it or that might have some I could come get? I spent today trying to figure out what was wrong with the poor girl and now that I know what I need I can't find it without waiting 5 days for it to ship to me.

Anyone have suggestions?

2. LeCoop

LeCoop New Member

And... now for an introduction!
    My name is Valerie. We are very new, since March to chicken ownership. It started out as a desire for my daughter to show one in 4H. Then I learned she was not old enough by the cutoff. So we had that one and one more. A few months later we were up to 7 and that is how many we have now. I love them, almost more than my dogs! LOL. My kids love them and we really enjoy the eggs! We have 1 black cochin (she is the sick one), 1 Golden Sex Link, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Aracauna, 1 Australorp (sp?) and 1 Barred Rock. So much fun!

I would love one more, a silkie because they just make me smile when I see them!

3. laxbro

laxbro Senior Member

Hey I'm pretty new to ,march is when I started. And I'm in Parker which is real close to castle rock

4. LeCoop

LeCoop New Member

Hi! Nice to meet you! It's been so fun! If you asked me a year ago if I would have chickens I would have said, no way! I just love them!

5. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Do you have a Tractor Supply Inc store by you? I just checked on-line for corid and they sell it in their store. Its $23.

6. LeCoop

LeCoop New Member

We only have one in Colorado. It's 3 hours from where I am.

7. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Shoot. =( Did you check all the surrounding feed mills?

8. LeCoop

LeCoop New Member

no, I finally with the help of some online folks determined that was what I needed about 5pm tonight. Of course places are closed after that for me to start calling. I will try in the morning, we do have several around and see what I find. Assuming she makes it that long :( Not sure that will happen.

9. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I lost one named Sweetpea a year ago unexpectedly. Broke my heart. I still miss her. She rode everywhere on my shoulder. Never showed she was sick. Ate fine. Pooped fine. Played fine. Went out to the coop the next morning and she was dead on the floor at the door. It was awful. These chickens become such wonderful pets. I never knew until I got talked into getting them 2 1/2 yrs ago. I have 8 girls now and I'm done adding to my group. Brought home a pretty white easter egger a few weeks ago that is now 5 months old. She's been perfect for us. Perfect friend for my lonesome left out pecked on australorp Lilah.

If you can get her to take anything with electrolytes in it, helps too. Gatorade even. Just a few sips with a dropper if you can.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tonight that all works out fine. Hugs!

10. LeCoop

LeCoop New Member

Thanks to those that have replied. She just passed. :( I am so glad to have found this site and others that I have gotten some great info from. My little 8 year old is taking it pretty hard, it was her baby.
    Thanks so much for all the help. I hope to visit often and get to know more of you!

11. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Gosh I'm so sorry LeCoop. My heart truly goes out to you and your little one.

12. trey1432

trey1432 New Member

Sorry to hear, they do become part of the family quickly.