New chicken moms

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by BootedBantam, Oct 1, 2012.

1. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

I was wondering how many people on the forum are new to chickens and just starting out?

Would anybody be interested in starting a new chicken moms club?

2. jmc0319

jmc0319 New Member

I am totally new. No chickens yet. Just planning the coop build.

3. Heathers

Heathers New Member

I'm in the same phase. I want to get everything ready before I get any chicks. I have decided on the daisy coop. It's really cute my only problem is trying to think of how I can move the run around. I heard or read that it is good to move it so the grass does not die out. Well happy reading and this is a wonderful place.

4. jmc0319

jmc0319 New Member

Thanks a lot and good luck to you also. I am still deciding but know I want to build my coop and run. We will see how that turns out. Plenty of ideas and opinions online which is great. This is a great place!

5. BootedBantam

Great!! I look forward watching your families grow.

6. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

I'm new to raising chickens! This was my first summer (got my baby chicks April 1st) and this will be my first winter. I'm a bit worried about that! Count me in! Jen:)

7. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

I'm a newbie too :) Hubby and I assembled the coop the other day and I'll be getting my first hens on Sunday. I would love to be in the new chicken moms club!!

8. BootedBantam

Sweet....It also helps me seperate the names and figure out who is who. I am new and love hearing from all new moms. Plus chicken friends are always nice.

9. rob

rob New Member

ive only been keeping chickens for a few months. but i cant be a mom. :D

10. BootedBantam

New Chicken Dad

11. rob

rob New Member

sounds good to me.:)

12. Heathers

Heathers New Member

Hahaha how about - Rooster Rob -

13. rob

rob New Member

i like it :D

14. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

Where will we find this? Jen:)

15. BootedBantam

On this thread......there is no list, just hard to figure out who's who's. I just thought it would be nice to all raise our chickens together and learn and share as we go. You are now on the list lol

So down with Rooster Rob. Love it!

16. Heathers

Heathers New Member

I'm dying laughing over here. Hahaha I love this place.

17. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

I am a chicken newbie as well. I got my first ones in July and added a few more in August. I was given a rather large and beautiful coop. I have 12 hens. I had 2 chicks that ended up being little roosters so I had to return them. The lady i got them from was an angel and traded me a couple hens for them. First hard thing about having chickens so far, the whole family was attached already.

18. Happeesupermom

Happeesupermom Happee ChickenSuperMomma

I'm new, too! I got my first pullets in August & added some more in September for a total of 11. :)

I'm in deep south Texas, where it's always hot! :p Hoping for eggs starting around December or January.

19. BootedBantam

Thanks everyone for being supportive....I think we have a great group. Looks like we are waiting for eggs. I know I am.

20. Heathers

Heathers New Member

I'm not yet I hop to be next year. I am just learning all I can before I get any.