New Bantam Owner From Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by happybooker1, Nov 5, 2012.

1. happybooker1

happybooker1 Junior Member

Hi All! I got bit by the 'chicken bug' and first tried hatching out some Silkies in a 'bator but the Post Office completely IGNORED the 'Priority Mail' sticker and delivered my eggs A WEEK LATE. So none hatched out.

So then I ordered 25 assorted feather-footed bantams from McMurray's. 26 + the Mystery Chick and all were healthy. And THEN I found an ad on my local CL for week-old Silkie's (which I had NOT gotten with the McMurray assortment). I only wanted 5 but the lady had 7 so I took them all (Chicken Math). So then I was up to 33 + the Mystery Chick.

While I was at my local feed store buying dog food and talking to the owner, he said he'd take some of my extra chicks in exchange for credit on my account. So I separated out 16 chicks (including all of the Silkies) and he got the rest.

The Silkies are 5 Black and 2 Splash. Of the others, I have one for sure Black Frizzle Cochin, 1 Mille Fleur and 3 Porcelain D'Uccles. The rest are anyone's guess. Once they are a bit older (just 2 weeks now) I'm planning on keeping only 6 hens and a friend of my son is getting the rest. At least that's the PLAN, but having already succumbed to Chicken Math ONCE, I'm not holding my breath!!

2. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Hello and Welcome from the UK :)

3. EmmaJB

EmmaJB New Member

Hello from Wales! Gotta love the chicken maths!

X

4. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome aboard :)

5. sallycat19

sallycat19 New Member

Hello from the UK :)

6. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello! Welcome from Upper Michigan. That darned chicken math is some funky math isn't. I started with 6 but have done good. I'm at 9 now where I fully intend to stay ... well ... course I said that with the first 6 too ... ;)