Name this breed!

Discussion in 'What Breed/Gender is This?' started by OllieWood, Jul 18, 2012.

1. OllieWood

OllieWood New Member

Hi this is Chippy my chicken, hatched From a lot of eggs I got off eBay, (hatched March 2011).
    The eggs were said to include: Pekin bantams, Silkie Bantams, and lavender Arucana bantams(- no green eggs came and none of the females that hatched lay green eggs by the way). Out of the 6 eggs, 4 hatched, 1 mottled Pekin (rooster), 1 partridge Pekin (girl), 1 black Silkie (girl) and chippy(girl).

Guessing she is a partridge Silkie cross Pekin but not entirely sure- she has feathered feet and 5 toes on each foot, with a dark(button/walnut comb)

Thanks if anyone can help identify her! (she lays shiny pinkish eggs if that helps) :)

Attached Files:

2. Cescacharl

Cescacharl New Member

Whatever she is she looks lovely!

3. missouri100

missouri100 bantam

With the extra toes I would guess she is a Salmon Favorelle cross. She is colored similar to a Sammy hen. The comb is what doesn't match.

4. Marthab53

Marthab53 New Member

She does look like a Silkie cross the Comb and the toes are a giveaway. Very pretty Girl!

5. Apyl

Apyl New Member

I agree that it looks to be silkie cross, but not sure with what. Very nice though.

6. jwclevelandoh

jwclevelandoh New Member

Actually she looks like a cross between a salmon and silkie they both have 5 toes (I have a silkie with 6 toes but only on one foot) and that button comb is silkie but the breast pattern looks a lot like a salmon but it could e a mix of 20 chickens Pink eggs? Maybe it's part Easter bunny also. Check that tail for cotton. LOL

7. yokohamamama

yokohamamama New Member

just throwing this out there.... hear Aruacana mixes CAN lay pink eggs, maybe shes silkie x arucana??? :) pretty girl I would love to find out because ... quite frankley.... I WANT ONE!!! :-D

8. OllieWood

OllieWood New Member

Haha thanks everyone for the help! :p

9. Greenfamilyfarms

Greenfamilyfarms New Member

She's definitely a silkie cross. Maybe with a brown egg layer or an Easter Egger.

10. OllieWood

OllieWood New Member

Hmm she's definitely Silkie-something, I just stumbled upon a picture of a chicken that looks incredibly similar in smallholder magazine (June 2009 cover photo) so I'm gonna try and get get hold of the issue to see if she's labelled. :)

11. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso

Yes, that is a silky cross.

12. charliechapman911

charliechapman911 New Member

Lovely chicken is she a silky cross? I'm kinda new to this site thanks charlie :)

13. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

She is CRAZY beautiful!!