My chickens & pumpkins

Discussion in 'General Chicken Discussion' started by BootedBantam, Nov 24, 2012.

1. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

Enjoying their thanksgiving feast....

Attached Files:

2. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Love your chickens. Thanks for sharing!

3. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Love the pictures! :D

4. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Gorgeous chickens!!!!!

5. BootedBantam

Thank you, here are my six month old girls, they come right up me. They were my first hens. They come all the way up to stairs to greet me and be held.

Attached Files:

6. Pookadoodis

Pookadoodis Menopausal Cajun/Irish Woman of Substance

Boot~you have gorgeous birds! :)

7. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Chickens are so full of personality. Gotta love each and every one of them! Good thing mine are for pets and not dinner hey. ;) Nice pics!

8. garyk1398

garyk1398 New Member

Curious to know how long you kept the pumpkins out for them or do they eat the whole thing?

9. BootedBantam

The pumpkin will last a couple of days depending how many chickens are eating it. I put it out during the day and put in fridge at night. Then give it to them again the next day. I gave it to them on Thanksgiving and it is almost gone after 5 days.

Thank you for the comments on my little Booted Bantam Family. I hope to show my two Blue Beauties at the fair next year. Have a great chicken day!!

10. CharlieEcho

CharlieEcho Junior Member

Pumpkins;

We just put out pumkins yesterday. Some folks in town were cleaning up the yards while weather permits and we let them bring them out to our chickens. I will probably chop them into smaller pieces today. My wife took most of the seeds to dry in the oven for snacks.