Message alerts.

Discussion in 'Announcements and Support' started by lorindaeb, Oct 24, 2012.

1. lorindaeb

lorindaeb Junior Member

Hey, I'm new to this forum and I keep getting alerts that a new thread is posted in something I have responded to, however, when I go to look, nothing new has been added, just my last comment. Any suggestions?? Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Roslyn

Roslyn A Round American Woman

I get them endlessly, from a couple of different threads. I now just delete them, but I have no idea how to stop them.

3. rob

rob New Member

click on the arrow alongside my account on top banner, click subscribed threads. then click all boxes and select " no email notifications" and you get any more emails. hope this helps.

4. Keith

Keith New Member

Are you talking about the mobile application?

5. lorindaeb

lorindaeb Junior Member

Yeah. The mobile app.

6. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Ya it does that, it has such a late "notification". This morning it was going crazy, I got like 50 notifications all at once back to back.

7. BigECart

BigECart New Member

You can turn off the notifications. I did it through my iPhone settings.

8. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Thnk you! I forgot about that, I was trying to do it directly through the app.

9. robopetz

robopetz New Member

I turned it off thoroughly iphone settings and... 5 minutes later I get ding ding ding x1000 with all them notifications! Lol

10. lorindaeb

lorindaeb Junior Member

I did that yesterday, but no bueno. Still get a bunch. Maybe it will eventually stop. Who knows. Worse case scenario I will delete the app and just use the version on my regular computer.

11. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I'm in contact with the developer trying to get this taken care of.

12. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

I even unsubscribed from the thread (which happen to be MY thread) and I'm still getting 20ish dings a day saying someone has replied to it and when I get there....nothing! Sooooo annoying.

13. ChickenAdmin

I know it is. It should be ending soon. I turned off notifications and the rest need to go out before it stops.

14. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Notifications !!!

Cant take it any more.. Good luck to all ! I won't be back.. That's all I can stand cant stands no more. Notifications 20-30 at a time same ones from past 2 weeks have caused my phone to drop several very important phone calls in recent days. Bull**** !

15. rob

rob New Member

i lnow that this is a problem, and that it is being sorted as we speak.

16. rob

rob New Member

sorry to see you go cogburn. i hope you will return when we have sorted the issues with notifications.

17. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

Don't leave!! We need people like you with all the good information! Give it a little time... I understand they are trying to fix this! Jen:)

18. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

I don't blame you!! It's getting old getting 10 notifications 5 times a day!!!

Hope you return though.

19. ChickenAdmin

I'm waiting to hear back guys!

20. amandahalterman

amandahalterman Junior Member

I'm still getting them