Love Christmas trees...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Mamachickof14, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

Love to see your decorated Christmas tree! Jen:)

Attached Files:

2. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Love your house!!! Pretty tree too. I have 2 little ones up right now. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get to the white 3' tree. Not sure I'll mess with the full blown big tree this year. Been a pretty sad time here lately.

3. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

I'm looking for our tree ... rooted white pine.

No luck as of yet. :(

Your tree looks grand!

4. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

Sorry 7chicks to hear it's a sad time...makes it really hard threw the Holidays. Would love to see your *Little trees*! Any Christmas tree is pretty! It's always nice keeping in touch with all of you...this is my favorite site!! I' ll pray that things will work out for you. {{hugs}} Jen

5. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Just sad watching my little beloved 10 yr. old rat terrier deteriorate and there's not a thing I can do for her other than keep her comfortable. She was diagnosed with renal cancer 10/31. After a second opinion and ultrasound, its in both kidneys. She is on prednisone right now. Her little muscles are just disappearing more every day. I HATE cancer! It has taken away so many loved ones and its just not right. With winter setting in, we are going to have to get a hole dug and ready for the day. We've been dragging our feet but this coming week, there is a warm up arriving. Its a job that is going to have to be done before the ground freezes. I do home health/hospice for work so I get to deal with cancer all too much. Its depressing and just so sad. Lost 3 more patients to this miserable disease 2 days apart this past weekend alone. Always at the holidays.

6. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

Thanks... I always wanted to get a rooted tree. Seems like such a waste cutting down a beautiful tree then 6 weeks later, out the door??? Are you looking locally or on line? Three years ago my husband and I bought 200 Blue Spruce seedlings. 100 have made it (guess thats normal). They have grown but it takes so long...they say once they get a good root system they will shoot right up. Maybe one day we will have Christmas trees! Jen:)

7. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Here are my two little trees I have up. The red/silver one with the birds is on an old whiskey barrel that used to be used for making moonshine years ago. A piece of family history that I absolutely love! The other is my girly tree done in purple & pink bear ornaments with white & purple lights. Pic didn't really do it justice. It really is a pretty little tree. Antique table cloth for the skirt on that one.

Attached Files:

8. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry to hear that. I have a rat terrier I love dearly.

9. shickenchit

shickenchit New Member

Nice Antique glass....

10. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

We are looking local but it looks like rooted white pines are not "in" this year. So ... if I can't find one this weekend, I'll go with a cut one.

(WOW) Even a hundred blue spruce would be a sight to see, best of luck with them.

11. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

Thanks...

It's Fenton art glass, all before the 70's. A hobby my husband and I have together. We use to travel alot and we'd hit all the Antique shops...even found a *Chicken* egg (for deviled eggs) dish. Of corse thats my favorite! Thanks!! Jen:)

12. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

I remember now reading about your little dog...I'm so sorry. Jen :(

13. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

7chicks...Love your little trees! Thanks for posting! Jen:)

14. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Thanks Jen. My little girl/dog is still hanging in there. She sure is a toughy. Just holding our breath every day. Her buddy Zoey stays pretty close to her side which I'm so thankful for. Nice to know she's with her when I can't be there. My hubby's family has been awesome about helping us out by coming over periodically to potty her and check on her for us when we're gone to work/school. Takes a load of stress off with their help.

15. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

[​IMG]

Merry Christmas from New Zealand Aotearoa!

16. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Nice! Btw I see a bird cage there, u have other birdies too? Srry I'm not trynna be nosey! Lol

17. wildbird

wildbird New Member

well I had a Pine Tree by the chicken Pin that had to be cut down so I said well lets make it our tree this year. little charlie brown but turned out better than hubby thought,lol.wished I could post a pic. but cant. but we will enjoy our charlie brown tree and it didnt cost me a arm and leg,lol.

18. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

Yes, there's Kramer the cockatiel in that cage. Looks like he was a little camera shy!:D

19. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Oh cool! I had used to breed cockatiels years ago. They are lotsa fun! Hi Kramer! Lol