lock up time

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by packard82uk, Oct 16, 2012.

1. packard82uk

packard82uk New Member

now it gets dark about 6pm what time at night do i lock the chicken up in there coop ?

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Unless they are still young, they will go into their coop and roost about dusk. As that time of day will change, you need to go with dusk I think.

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

I lock mine up tight around dusk. Speaking of which, just found a neighbor's cat they keep in the "garage" stalking my girls. Just released my Germann on it. Git the kitty girl! Even during the day, have to keep watch for predators. Dog was out with them but never saw the cat until I showed her. Caught Lily sleeping on the job. :p Okay, gotta go look for my dog who is way to happy to go for a chase/run.

4. rob

rob New Member

mine huddle up in the corner of the garden at dusk, i have to go and put them in the coop. sometimes they will roost on the roosting bar in the run until late.

5. xxisabellaxx

xxisabellaxx New Member

Mine all go into the coop at about 6:00 PM EST and i lock them up at 6:30PM.

6. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

I try to get to the coop before it gets to dark ... so a little before dusk for me. I like to do a good look over each night.

Don't always work that way but I try... :)

7. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

That is too darned cute! I can just picture them in the garden. Talk about spoiled making you put them to bed. :D