Hi!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by egg, Jul 21, 2012.

1. egg

egg New Member

Hi all.. I'm new here. I have no chickens --yet, but I have a question... I keep finding eggs all over my back yard. In the woodpile and in my flower beds... Once I even scouted one out in my strawberry and rhubarb garden.. I do like to make strawberry rhubarb pie :) I think the eggs are coming from my neighbor's chickens.. cause he has no coop and lets them run loose. My question is, can I incubate some of these eggs to get some chickens... or would it be better to get a chicken to sit on the eggs?

2. CMCLB

CMCLB New Member

Does your neighbor have a rooster?

3. Apyl

Apyl New Member

[​IMG]

It would all depend of your neighbor has a rooster. If so then sure why not, collect the eggs for about a week and put them in the incubator :) You should be able to tell if their fertile by a week in the bator.

4. eggbreaker

eggbreaker New Member

Hi egg,
    I saw your post, I'm in CS too. Where abouts are you. You seem to be in a situation simmilar to my own only in reverse, well not really in reverse, but kind of...
    I just can't find any of my eggs.

5. egg

egg New Member

Hi eggbreaker,

You're in CS too? Small world!!! I do keep finding eggs in my yard. There's this guy next door that has chickens but no coop so his chickens roam... Do you let your chickens run free also?

--egg

6. egg

egg New Member

yes he has a cock, cause I hear it crowing every morning... wakes me up before my alarm even goes off. I'm guessing then that means the eggs could be fertile and I can likely hatch chicks from them?

7. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Welcome! Great user name.

8. Marthab53

Marthab53 New Member

Hi! As long as he has a rooster why not try to hatch the eggs. Great way to start having chickens.