Hi I am new to the forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cher145s, Nov 30, 2012.

1. cher145s

cher145s cher145s

Hi ,I live in Colorado
    I have around 60 chickens a mix of Rhoad Island reds and Orpington buffs along with about 10 supposed rares. We have a huge chicken coop on the ranch about 60ft by 30ft. I sell my eggs to other ranchers around me. I have 6 geese and 4 duck who are the Quack Patrol here to keep everyone in line. I also have a 17 Guineas that keep the snakes away from the coop and are great for cleaning out any pest from my garden.
    I also rise a few cattle. Soon I am hoping to get some pigs, as soon as we finish the pens for them. We are still in the process of doing a lot of fencing on the place, (that never seems to end) :eek:.. I love the country life!!!!

2. havasu

havasu Administrator Staff Member

Welcome. You sure make me envious!

3. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Me too!! Sounds like alot of work, but alot of fun. Welcome!

4. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome, wow ! that lot must keep you very busy, :D

5. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hi from Michigan. Welcome aboard. You'll have to post us some pics now that you have us all drooling! :D

6. kahiltna_flock

kahiltna_flock New Member

I lived in Colorado as a child, some of my best memories were going to my aunt and uncles ranch, near Eagle, and getting to help collect eggs and chase barn cats. More than one time I had galled with my shirt tales full of eggs. What a mess. Welcome to the forum!

7. JerseyDuck

JerseyDuck New Member

Hello, newbie here from NJ. Raising some khaki runners currently have some Christmas eggs ready to hatch. Wish me luck down to 3 out if 22 eggs from the start.

8. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Good luck cliff! :D Welcome to the forum.

9. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome from Monmouth county NJ.

10. JerseyDuck

JerseyDuck New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome ill share pictures if they hatch in the new week!!

image-3983855684.jpg

11. kitz

kitz New Member

HI from Iowa

12. lbcoats

lbcoats New Member

Welcome from lower Michigan! We own a farm also, I wish I had as many as u! I have a mix of 40 hens and a few roos. 2 ducks, Cheese and Quackers! 70 head of cattle and 1300 acres of crops! along with our family dog and cat. It gets a little busy around here but every minute is worth it, i wish i had some Guineas but we live at the very end of a dirt road that just happens to end into a swamp of approx 300+ acres with lots of Coyotes and fox along with a pair of Bald Eagles and 1 juvinile Eagle and a multitude of hawks so i pretty much have to leave everyone "cooped" up unless im home to chase critters away with my broom or the dog! i have even been know to throw my shoes at a hawk that was trying to take Quackers!! Anyway, glad to have you along!