Hi from WV

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by katen, Sep 18, 2012.

1. katen

katen New Member

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum as well as new to chickens. My husband, son and daughter are so excited to raise chickens they can hardly wait till they get here next week! We live on a "farm" although we are hardly farmers (we have horses) so chickens will be a learning experience for all of us. Both of us can remember our parents having chickens so I guess we aren't totally clueless, but I'm sure we will be using this forum for all sorts of info collecting.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

We are here for you. Welcome to the great group called Chicken Forum. I'm from NJ. Hope you find your answers and the friendship we can provide. We love pics by the way. Have fun!

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hi Katen! Welcome aboard. We're so happy to have you! You and your family are going to have sooo much fun with those chickens! You'll be amazed how intelligent they are. How many are you getting? How old? Did anyone forewarn you they are extremely addicting? You might want to read the thread called chickens annoymous just in case. ;)

4. DansChickens

DansChickens Member

If you come over a bump everybody on here are willing to help :)

5. rob

rob New Member

hi welcome aboard :)

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Isn't it fun that we all speak for each other and make these promises. We have such faith in our collective kindness. Welcome, newbie, to Chicken Land hope you find answers and friendship! I'm from NJ FYI.

7. katen

katen New Member

Thanks for the welcoming words :) we ordered 6 Road Island Reds (forgive me it that name isn't right) cause they are the type our local feed shop recommended, the man has been a farmer all his life so I took his recommendation, although I already know I must make it a point to research different breeds a little bit, I hate being clueless lol. We decided against ordering chicks since we are headed into winter, our babies will be 22 weeks old when they get here :)

8. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Howdy !! Keep your hands away from Petes mouth he ain't had nothin to eat for 10 years but prison food, gopher, and some greasy horse !

9. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

WTF, Cog. You off your rocker again?

10. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Possibly.....

11. Mamachickof14

Mamachickof14 New Member

Welcome from New york...I'm new here and to chickens too! I also have the RIR's, *14* of them. I got them on April 1st and they have been laying over a month now...best eggs ever! Lots of help and good info here. Jen:)