Hi from Seacoast NH

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by redmaples, Aug 31, 2012.

1. redmaples

redmaples Junior Member

Hi all,
    Brad, from seacoast NH here, just joined the site, I found it on facebook.

I have 24 layers 8-9 different breeds, well 10 layers 14 just about 1-2 months left for them to start laying. got 16 new birds this year after a mink got into the hen house last fall. Happy to say the mink is no longer with us.

I also have my second batch of 25 meat birds for this year that are 2 weeks old (red broilers).

this is my 3rd year with layers and second year with meat birds. Finding out the hard way that industry standards are exactly what they are INDUSTRY standards and no animal should live that way even if it is used for meat.

I also make maple syrup (Willow Creek Sugarhouse, LLC) and I have currently have 3 behives 2 of which have given me close to 170lbs of honey. A pretty big garden that by season end will give my over 90lbs of tomatoes.

2. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome.

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hi redmaples! Glad you joined us! This is such an awesome forum.

4. Davlyn

Davlyn New Member

Hi I'm from the white mnt region in NH

:) Hi I am from Pike NH. The White Mnt region , 45 miles out of Plymouth NH & south of Littleton NH ..Born In Worcester, Mass

5. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Hello

redmaples , your set up sounds great , wonderful honey harvest .:)

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Oh red maples. How wonderful. All you describe is really great. I'm so looking forward to hearing your input. Welcome to the forum.