Hi from Northern Indiana

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by renee3025, Jul 10, 2012.

1. renee3025

renee3025 New Member

I'm new to this forum and so so excited to have found it. Can't wait to hear from others who love their chickens as much as we do.:D

2. Apyl

Apyl New Member

[​IMG]

3. renee3025

renee3025 New Member

Guess I should have said we have 4 Ameracaunas hens, 1 Australorp hen, 1 Rhode Island Red rooster, 1 cochin bantam hen, 1 bantam rooster, 1 easter egger rooster, and two white turkeys. Love those birds. A great understanding husband, 4 kids ages 25 to 7, and one perfect grandson.

4. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

Hi and welcome from one Hoosier to another.

5. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

Howdy!! I'm in west central Indiana and just joined the group. Ive got 4 EE, 3 black jersey giants, 2 austrolorps, 2 white rocks, 2 brown leghorns, 2 cinnamon queens, 2 silver laced wyandotts, 2 production reds or RIR, a Delaware, a golden sex link, one that I haven't a clue and my pride and joy a quail Belgian bearded D'Anver named Hawkie Belle. Oh, and 3 ducks. A pekin, a fawn and white Indian runner and a welch harlequin.

6. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

Welcome, quite the variety of chickens. I would love to see pictures of your flocks.

7. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

Thanks for welcoming me :-D

I've got tons of pictures, I just need to get them on here lol. Hopefully in the next few days I can get that done.

Edit: I just tied to post some pics on my profile and it said I didn't have permission :-( ill just post a couple here.

8. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

image-1649959281.jpg

This is Hawkie Belle

image-248396447.jpg

Chicken house and part of their yard

image-2629593736.jpg

Eating breakfast

9. CMCLB

CMCLB New Member

I'm interested in getting some Jersey Giants. I read they're very docile & go broody. What has your experience been? And, welcome!! I'm in KS.

10. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

I wish I could tell you, mine are just a few months old. That said however, he is rather cocky and will bite if I try to get ahold of him lol I hope he settles down cuz I'd hate to have a cocky rooster weighing in at 20 pounds.

11. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the community!

12. Lady_Alia

Lady_Alia New Member

Thanks! :-D