hi from Barlow Ohio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sharkbait, Jul 14, 2012.

1. sharkbait

sharkbait New Member

hi i am new to the chicken farming. i got my first flock this spring watched them grow and all was going good. i free ranged during the day and they went to the coop at night. about a month ago i lost 14 birds in 3 days. our dog had died about two weeks prior and the coons started coming back around. one day i got called to work early evening the birds would not go to the coop so i had to leave with the door open lost 8 that night and the rest got picked off the next day! i was devistated. i fixed the coon problem got two puppies and found some new birds about the same age. i am back up to 11 birds. starting to get eggs very cool. i will post pics when i get to the house . getting goats soon also lol i work in a chemical factory in WV. grew up in this area went to the navy to ride submarines ended up getting injured after 7 years and moved back to WV got a great deal on my in-laws farm so we bought it. looking forward to talking chickens and learning from the site any questions i am a open book. just be warned my spelling sucks lol

2. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

Thanks for your service. Sorry to hear about your flock. Glad to see you stick with it, and WELCOME . Looks like the best part is 2 new puppies. I love dogs more then chickens.

3. TajMaCluckCoop

TajMaCluckCoop Not so Junior-Junior Member

Welcome! Glad you joined us. And I agree with ThreeJ....best part is new puppies! Glad you are getting eggs too!

~Kimberly

4. BuckeyeChickens

BuckeyeChickens New Member

Great to see more folks in Ohio finding the "Chicken Forum"....welcome to the crew!!!

5. sharkbait

sharkbait New Member

Thanks I love having the chickens around. I am way to stubborn to give up after loosing the flock. I am finding out that a was more attached to them then this set. I think it is because I got them as day old chicks and raised them. Anyway they are fun to watch and the free eggs are always a good bonus!