Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Energyvet, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I folks. I'm new here. I've been on backyard chickens on Facebook and was just made aware of this sight. I had chickens as a child with my father. Great little house for a hen and roo. Looking to get started again at my own home in NJ with maybe 4 hens. Also was advised about pickin chicken app that is fantastic for learning about breeds and such. I used to have a RI red hen who was gentle and laid lovely brown eggs.

2. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

Hello and welcome.

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hi Energyvet! Glad you found us. The more is certainly merrier! :D

4. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome.

5. CMCLB

CMCLB New Member

We just moved to KS from Ft Dix, NJ. Did you know the Jersey Giant is from New Egypt, NJ? Dr Lisa's Mobile Vet Service was our vet. Maybe you know her!

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

No I didn't know the Jersey Giant was from New Egypt. I figured jersey somewhere. I used to live in Nebraska (for like 8 Yrs.). I don't think I know Dr. Lisa but maybe a last name would jog my memory. I hope you like KS as my stay in NE wasn't so good. I would really like to get some orpingtons maybe a buff or creole or mixed hen. My life is so crazy at the moment with the divorce and being unemployed. I have to get my feet back on solid ground.

7. Yolk

Yolk New Member

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the pickin chicken app info.