Hello from WVa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MrSassyPants, Aug 12, 2012.

1. MrSassyPants

MrSassyPants New Member

I thought I introduced myself but I guess I didnt. My name is Bobby. Live in Shinnston, WV. Married to Tara with two boys Jeremey 10 and Gabriel 5. Just got into raising chickens this April when we bought 9 for the boys for Easter. Bought what we thought were 6 hens from Tractor Supply only to have 4 be roosters. Found good homes for 3 of them and kept one. Bought 3 more hens for a total of 5 for now. They just started laying a couple weeks ago. Built our coop from scratch with no plans. Just kinda winged it as I went along. Plan to buy 3 more hens next spring. The ones we have now are like kids. Mr Sassy Pants our rooster is my proud and joy. Will try to participate as much as I can.

2. TheGarryFarm

TheGarryFarm New Member

Hi, we are a small homestead and a full time farm. We are in west Georgia and have been there for over seven years. It's the hardest job but we love it. I especially love all our animals, chickens, guineas, geese, ducks turkeys, goats, rabbits, bunnies, and more. Hope you like it here......it's a nice board with a lot of friendly folks!

3. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Hello & Welcome!

Come on in!

4. Yolk

Yolk New Member

Welcome to the forum.

5. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Hello from NJ. Welcome.

6. Apyl

Apyl New Member

Hi and welcome , gotta love chicken math :)

7. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Glad you joined us! Chickens truly do make wonderful pets! I'd be lost now if anything happened to any one of my 8 girls. They're so full of personality, fun, joy, entertainment, and love too. Love to be with you, love to be held. You'll have to share with us a picture of Mr. Sassy Pants so we can admire him too. :)

8. ItsieBitsieFarm

ItsieBitsieFarm Professional Egg Stacker :)

Hello, and welcome! Glad to have you join the chicken forum, with us. :D