Hello from West Wales

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Midge, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Midge

Midge Junior Member

Hello all!

I'm Midge, and I'm new to the world of poultry! We're about to move to a different country, where I'll be expected to keep chickens for the usual practical reasons - I don't mind sharing that I'm nervous as anything - I have friends here with chickens, but having my own feels as though it's going to be a bit of a 'baptism of fire'.

I'm hoping you'll be able to help me along the way, so I'm a little less terrified!

I have about six months to learn - I thought I'd better get a little knowledge in early! :eek:

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome! Boy have you come to the right place. :). Anything we can do to help, let us know. Someone will step up! By the way, I'm from New Jersey in the USA. Where are you moving to? If I might ask?

3. Midge

Midge Junior Member

Hello there! And Thank you! We're moving to a small village close to Elhovo in southern Bulgaria - a much warmer and less rainy environment! Closest I've ever been to New Jersey's New York!! I've got a soft spot for the U.S. - probably because all my lovely in-laws are there!

4. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Hello from England , sounds like a very good reason to move abroad away from the rain, damp and cold:)

5. Midge

Midge Junior Member

Hello Oakwood! Nice to meet you! I've been hoping there would be some fellow Brits on here! Yes, it'll be great to escape the weather. Bulgaria certainly has rough winters, but they only last 8 weeks or so - and they have separate, definite seasons - none of this perpetual drizzly grey gloom that we're used to! :)

6. oakwood

oakwood New Member

More than four weeks of sunshine then ;):)

7. Midge

Midge Junior Member

HAHA!! Yes!

8. rob

rob New Member

hello from wales. your leaving the lovely welsh weather behined then lol

9. Midge

Midge Junior Member

Hello Rob! Alas, yes! Although I've enjoyed a lifetime of sideways rain and howling gales, I'm now so arthritic and bound to a wheelchair in winter months that it's time to be in a climate where I can still put my own socks on between October and April! I'm leaving my daughter in Cardiff though, coincidentally - last year of Law School!

10. rob

rob New Member

well the warm weather will no doubt do you good, and lets face it wales can be a bit chilly. i live about 4 miles from the university.