Hello from Washington State

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by freedom, Jun 21, 2012.

1. freedom

freedom New Member

Hi all,
    I live in town with 2 Hollands,3 silkies,1 polish,Golden lace wing,1 leghorn,1 Americana,1 wellsummer.
    I have a chicken addiction.:p

2. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I can appreciate that.

Welcome!

3. fintuckyfarms

fintuckyfarms New Member

I'm in Washington also; from the Tri-city area!

4. TajMaCluckCoop

TajMaCluckCoop Not so Junior-Junior Member

I'm from the other coast! And I have a chicken addiction as well.....:eek:

5. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Member

Chicken addiction

I was addicted until I had to re-home a couple that went aggressive toward a Silkie pullet. Now we don't keep anything over 5-lb to prevent the temptation to bully gentler or smaller fowl. We whittled it down to 4 hens from 8 and only kept the gentler lighter weight fowl. BTW I like the breeds you have. How do they get along? I like 3 Silkies together but I feel sorry for any Polish alone in a flock as they are gentle and startle so easily because of their crest.

6. Crochetlove

Crochetlove New Member

Hi there! Im new here too. I also love in WA! In Bonney Lake area! Incubating 14 eggs, 2nd day. Easter eggers & cochins. Hoping to add more, depends on how many hatch and how many roosters I end up with. This is so exciting! My kids love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Chicken Forum

7. nj2wv

nj2wv New Member

Welcome to chicken forum !!

8. Crochetlove

Crochetlove New Member

Thank you! Happy to be here to learn, ask questions & meet fellow chicken lovers;)

9. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Member

Hello freedom from WA. How is your single Polish getting along with her flockmates? I always feel so sorry for crested breeds who are the only one in a flock. Crested breeds spook so easily and usually are so gentle. How did you manage to find Hollands and are yours laying white or tinted eggs?

10. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome aboard :)

11. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Member

freedom from WA not responding

Sent freedom from WA 2 replies but no answer so guess they aren't on the Forum any more. Oh well - sigh.

12. fintuckyfarms

fintuckyfarms New Member

Who has new babies? I have 37 so far but expecting 12 more turkeys on the 6th and another dozen hatching eggs the week after that, then I'm done; I think!