Hello from Southern Illinois

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jeep381, Nov 1, 2012.

1. jeep381

jeep381 Junior Member

This is my first time raising chickens. I got them in April of this year. I have 2 RLR, 2 Black Jersey Giants and 2 Leghorns (I think). :) They lay an egg a day, Two white ones and 4 brown ones. Sometimes lately I'm only getting 4-5 eggs a day. I think my favorites for laying are the Leghorns. For personality, the Black Jersey Giants, they have a lot to say!!! I've built a new larger coop for them, I found out the original coop was way too small even though it had 6 roosts. They all lay in the same roost! I'll post more pictures later. The two pictures are of my original coop.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. sallycat19

sallycat19 New Member

Hello and welcome from us over here in the UK
    :)
    Your chickens and ur coop are lovely :))
    We're new to keeping chickens, we've recently got 4 silkies who are brilliant :))

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello! Welcome aboard the forum! My "girls" said they're jealous of your little bird bath in front of the coop! I told them they're lucky to have their house decorated according to the seasons so quit whining! ;)

4. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome :)

5. robopetz

robopetz New Member

Love the coop, and welcome!

6. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

Hi and welcome from New Zealand. Love the coop!

7. jeep381

jeep381 Junior Member

Thank you all for your posts. I've added the new winter coop to the coop registry. My girls are so spoiled. Found out the other day they like cheese, also heard they
    like yogurt, but haven't tried it on them yet. Last night was the coldest night we have had, it got down to 28. The girls were in their coop with their heat lamp when the sun went down. I can't wait until it snows and see their reaction!!