Hello from Newport Tennessee!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TravisFoxTN, Oct 21, 2012.

1. TravisFoxTN

TravisFoxTN New Member

Here are my little ones :)

Here are my 3 that stick together all the time and roam the yard.

ForumRunner_20121021_061754.jpg

And here is my favorite little man. He is blind in one eye. I love this lil guy to death! He enjoys taking naps in my lap as you can see. Thanks for having us.

ForumRunner_20121021_061847.jpg

2. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

What sweet chickens you have! After 2 1/2 yrs., it still amazes me what wonderful pets chickens can be. I have 9 now. Started with six. Took in 2 this past month as a favor to a friend and to a cousin. They too were the best decisions & additions. Chickens are so much smarter than people give them credit for. Since I got my girls, its been funny to see who many people who live around me have stopped by just to see them. Find out I have chickens for pets, then they get curious. Let them hold one, and the look on their faces is priceless. "I've never held a chicken before!" is usually what I am told or how soft they are. Found them to be great icebreakers too with the stories I have to tell. I do home health & hospice so my girls give me plenty to talk about. ;)

I'm glad you joined us! How long have you had chickens? Love your pictures!

3. rob

rob New Member

hello, some lovely looking birds there. :)

4. TravisFoxTN

TravisFoxTN New Member

I hope I'm doing this right. I have had them nearly my whole life "I'm 33" when I was a small kid I got a few chicks and raised them, then they had babies, then I ended up with a few little ducks....then they had babies....then I was given some turkeys & yes lol they ended up having babies. So I was always crafty and made things, so I had this house made for the baby turkeys and had it a upstairs etc "it was nice" but then where I still had ALL of my pets because I never wanted to get rid of them my father had a huge stack of lumber from a mill beside our barn, so we made a very good size shed w/ tons of room to roost in and walk around etc...because it had quiet a bit of animals in there :) ...so each morning I would let them out & each evening wrangle them up and they would go inside. Well these people moved in across the field from us and had a few good size dogs. Well a few mornings later I went out to let them out & my mom and dad caught me before I got there and wouldn't let me look inside & turned out the dogs dug holes underneath the back of the shed and got inside :( .I hadn't had any until I got my little family a while back & one thing is for sure, NOTHING will get inside the 2 coops I made for my little one's this time! Sorry for having to write so much & look over my typing. I'm typing from my smart phone.

5. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Welcome, and great job typing from a phone!! Nice looking birds, and a big Roll Tide to ya!

6. TravisFoxTN

TravisFoxTN New Member

Thank you. I'm not fluent on using this site yet, but am trying.

7. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

Hi Travis, welcome aboard.:D

8. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome Travis, to chicken land from New Jersey.

9. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Don't eat the big white mints...