Hello from Ireland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by susiespark, Sep 25, 2012.

1. susiespark

susiespark New Member

Hello, am so glad to have found this forum :)

I'm recently retired due to ill health and live with my hubby in a rural area about 50 km from Dublin in Ireland. We've recently adopted 3 lovely new members to our little family - Lola, Lottie and Lucy. Have no idea what type of chickens they are but they're great fun and have already added lovely moments of happiness to our lives.

Our friends reckon we're taking the 'empty nest' syndrome a bit far - our two daughters are grown and flown, not very far away, and we've got three lovely grandchildren, 5yr old boy & two 2yr old girls :D

Am looking forward to getting to know you all and learning lots about minding our chickens as this is all new. Have browsed through this excellent forum and see so many tips and ideas already, shall be very busy over the next few weeks, so thanks already!

2. tigereyesblue76

tigereyesblue76 Member

Hello from Australia, great bunch of people on here..

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello & welcome from Michigan, US. We're happy to have you join us! Happy Retirement! Chickens are so addicting. :D How old are your 3 new girls?

4. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Hello and Welcome from the UK.:)

5. MatthewBK

MatthewBK Chicken Lover

Greetings from Eastern US! :)
    I'm new here too, glad to see I'm not the only one!

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Welcome to Chicken Land from NJ on the east coast. Hope you enjoy your visit and come back often.

7. susiespark

susiespark New Member

Hi again!

Hi and thanks tigereyesblue76, 7chicks, oakwood, MatthewBK & Energyvet

I lost the forum for a few days but have refound and bookmarked you now so shall be back often :D